~How has the blood issue affect you personally?

by FlyingHighNow 18 Replies latest watchtower medical

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Auld, thank you for your response. I imagine it must have been both sobering and sad to hear the experiences of witnesses facing the blood issue through your dad. To me, this is similar to the Jonestown Masscre. It involves very similar mind control. While in this case, the deaths come one at a time, if we had an exact count of the dead and injured, I am sure the news would far eclipse the Jonestown Mass Suicide/Murder in number.

Miker2, how sad for the lady with the hip surgery problems. What suffering she must have endured. Thank you for your account, written in such charming English. We love having you here at JWD. Please stay a while.

Elsewhere, I'm sad for your cousin and all of you who miss him. Having dealt with doctors and hospitals, I know that your cousin's stand involved a lot of fear, sadness and stress to an already challenging and frightening ordeal with cancer. Cancer is bad enough, you know? But to heap fear of everlasting destruction onto his burden and that of his JW family is unforgiveable. RIP Berry S.

Lady Lee, were you speaking of the Rhogam shot? Sounds like you faced similar problems to what I dealt with. I hope your children are well and whole now.

(((((((((Serendipity)))))))))), I cannot find words to tell you how sad I feel for your loss. Like you and I have noted in our posts, the blood issue can cause big problems with quality of life. You all had to live without your father and then lost your mother emotionally. My family had to deal with a chronically ill, weak, fragile melancholy mother and wife/me.

Hi, Sweetie!!! Enjoyed our little mini Apostagetogether last weekend!! You are as sweet and loveable in person as your screen personality here!!

Terri, I enjoyed it, too. You and Dean are so down to earth and made me feel right at home. I wish we lived closer together. You have such a cozy corner on this earth. You'e a gracious hostess. Thanks for helping me through the snow.

So they allowed your husband to store his own blood after telling all of us not to do it. That is infuriating. I'm glad he was saved. I am sad for all of the JW's who could have been saved by storing and using their own blood, but didn't and then died.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I've posted this b4 but I'll give you the Reader's Digest Condensed Version.

Have a serious bleeding disorder. Near death many times as a child due to both refusal of treatment (including but not limited to blood products) as well as refusal/avoidance of preventative care at the direction of the elders. Pediatricians as well as ER staff should have felt a moral obligation to report my mother to Child Protective Services for taking me home to die, but no one did.

Missed LOTS of school as well as having constant (somewhat avoidable) hemorrhages as a child and teen. Well into adulthood and nearly 2 decades after leaving the borg, I was still learning what appropriate medical care really is. Last yr I almost let myself bleed to death because of my ignorance about the threshhold for needing treatment, thanks to my mother's and the elders' instruction all those yrs ago. (When I realized that I was filled with anger and was prompted to seek out ex-jw forums.)

And YES it was INSTRUCTION about medical issues which they had no business talking about, being completely unqualified to give medical advice.

Oh, and not to launch into the whole college issue, but let me say the JWs really screwed me up financially for forcing me to go w/o health insurance. When someone has a serious medical issue the best thing for them to do is to WORK FULL TIME so they can have health insurance and a steady income. But that was considered evil, ya know, not putting Jehovah first.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Almost lost my wife. The swarming dubs REALLY put on their cult face in such a situation. I don't know if I'll ever completely get over the resentment I built up during that time.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

We would have a GRAND time together!!! LOL!! What's nice about our neighborhood is it's pretty safe to go walking at night.......lots of people do..........we could be each other's walking buddy......

So they allowed your husband to store his own blood after telling all of us not to do it. That is infuriating.

Well, I guess they did..........unofficially so to speak..........I know.........that's why I was soooo confused at the time.......I didn't expect to see what I saw when I walked into the unit.........I was in shock..........I was so grateful I had the experienced brother with me......it meant so much to me. I heard that Wayne later became inactive.......began questioning the info surrounding the 1995 change in the "generation" teaching. Terri

• Champion
    Champion

I lost my mom because of the blood issue. I found this site not long after it.

My mom had a blood disorder called Aplastic Anemia(not making white cells). Early on it could have been rectified by transfusions of white platlets. Due to the convoluted nonsense of the Watchtower she fought me on taking it. She then eventually died from Myloplastacia(not sure of spelling not making red cells). My mom was cared for through hospice at home.I remember the weekend she died in Florida. I was there with my staunch JW dad and brother and watched my mom slip away. I had to give her morphine while the asshole JW's sat around in her kitchen laughing and joking. That was Sunday May 20th 2001. My mom died Monday morning May 21st and I was the one with her.

All because a bullshit religion which is made up of everything but the "TRUTH"

PC(my logon on was lost and I had to change it)

• oldflame
    oldflame

My youngest brother died in 95 from cancer, he had the type that reoccured. The main reason for his death was his veins collapsed and I believe that was caused from not excepting blood. He was not a baptised witness but he believed in their doctrine and followed their laws or at least most of them. Although my mother will not say so but I believe this is why he died.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Onset 1970 age 13 start of puberty i contracted incurable BLEEDING Ulcerative Colitis and have lost GALLONS of blood down the potty.

Born devout JW 1957 i have signed the 'no blood' hospital form countless times i never knew day in and day out for 28 years, if one of those ulers would bore through an artery and i would bleed to death and die 'faithful' to jehover.

The only thing worse than a teenage JW boy with this nightmare is a girl with it.-Danny Haszard

(footnote:the latest mudsling attack by JW trolls is that i am making it all up and was never even a JW.)

I got a colostomy bag in 1998 from my bowel giving out and got extensive medical documentation.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

As an UBM the blood policy effects me too.

When I had our first son I needed a blood transfusion and the Elders showed up asking my husband to be strong and not allow this. My mother had the Elders removed from the hospital.

I have since had to put medical directives in place at all of our local hospitals that I would allow blood for me, and my two sons. My parents are also the ones who would make my medical decisions if I am unable. I took all power out of my husbands hands.

My husbands family was deeply effected by the blood policy. His Aunt & Uncle had 4 sons finally they had a little girl. She needed heart surgery but because they were Jehovahs Witnesses she did not have the surgery because they weren't doing bloodless surgery then. She died very shortly after being born. My husbands mother and other family members said she probably would have died anyway...but who knows what would have happened if she would have been allowed to have the surgery. They were advised by the elders to forget about her being born and leave her in the hospital to die (this info came from my husbands oldest sister).. My husbands Aunt left the JW's after that and it tore their family apart. I know she feels guilty you can see it on her like a bright red cape. It literally weighs her down. Chrystal

• divejunkie
    divejunkie

In my introductory post I mentioned that I had complications during my second pregnancy.
    I was in my 23 week of pregnancy when I had a sudden 2nd degree abruption (basically the plascenta detached itself from the uterus) and that caused that I went into serious bleeding for several hours. It was almost certain that it would push me into a very premature labor. If that happened the baby was likely to undergo several surgeries and need blood. Of course, if they couldn't stop the bleeding I was going to need some too.

Because I refused to take blood, the hospital sort of accused me of endagering the baby. And they submitted an order to court for the hospita or state to acquire custody of the baby the moment he was born to be able to give him blood if needed.

So there I am, extremely week, very frightened and with the knowledge that if my baby was born at that time, not only he was unlikely to survive, but he wouldn't even be "mine".
    Thank God and my wonderful doctor, they managed to stop the bleeding and kept me going with my pregnancy until my 36 week. When the baby was finally born, he was in delicate condition and in the NICU but didn't need blood, so we got custody back from the state.

Throughout all this - only once an elder came by the hospital - the day of the hearing to make sure I didn't budge. The rest of the pregnancy and hospitalization of my baby, not one of them came by. So much for support under tribulation, huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit