D.U.M.B.O.

by feelinsketchy 27 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Welcome to the forum!

Then perhaps they will sell off the other residences.

Cha-ching$$$$$$$$$$

I haven't been to the city in a loooong time, and didn't know they started building a new tower already. Damn, that's a lot of money right there.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Feelin, Do you know what if anything, is done in Brooklyn that the average Jehovah's Witness back in Iowa would consider an essential product to the cause? I understand the literature printing in Wallkill is essential. I understand the staff needs training and Patterson campus satisfies this. What I don't understand is what is produced in Brooklyn?

I'd understand the tunnel approach to theocracy if I could understand what is produced in Brooklyn:-) Is this where the tapes are dubbed? Or the CD's stamped out? Printed literature, tapes, CD's, educated staff . . . what else is there?

• feelinsketchy
    feelinsketchy

What I can't figure out is why the hush hush?

• feelinsketchy
    feelinsketchy

That's a good question GB,

Audio / Video I know is at Patterson. Most if not all of Service Dept is there too. There was an understanding with the Town of Wallkill that there would not be a significant increase in personnell at the Farm, and that there was going to be in effect a swap of personnell. Factory workers moving upstate-office workers to Brooklyn or something along that line. I'll ask around and post if there is any news in that regard.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I thought they printed several magazines at Brooklyn, too? At least that's what I was told.

I've learned more about Wallkill here then from anyone else.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Hi. Welcome to the board.

It's hush hush because they like to work in the darkness. It's in the nature of the beast.

Cellist

• Soledad
    Soledad
    Is this where the tapes are dubbed? Or the CD's stamped out? Printed literature, tapes, CD's, educated staff . . . what else is there?

there are warehouses on Adams st where I assume all the literature gets distributed from.

other than that, you're asking a good question and I would also love to know the answer to that.

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: I'll ask around and post if there is any news in that regard.

Thanks! Welcome to the forum by the way:-)

• Bryan
    Bryan

FeelinSketchy,

Nice to have you here!

Does the Tower have to use union workers or can they use volunteers?

What if the 4 buildings were built with free labor, then sold for a nice profit?

My best,

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Welcome FeelinSketchy

I personally feel the Society are 'misrepresenting' the 'WORLD WIDE WORK'

I recently saw a WT article about 'Charites' criticising how much of donated money actually reaches the cause for which it was intended (obviously this was a WT article discouraging donating to Worldly charities)....yet the Society hides where its funds go. Imagine, if the average JW was aware of where their donation was going (eg, defending known paedophiles), they may think about donating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit