Hearts aren't really heart shaped!

by rebel8 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

@prologos- from the source of all knowlege, Wikipedia, on the origin of the modern heart shape:

"Specific suggestions include...stylized depictions of features of the human female body, such as the female's buttocks, pubic mound, or spread vulva.[7]

its there and dosent take much imagination ;)

• Magnum
    Magnum

I remember when JWs taught that the literal heart was literally the seat of emotion and that blood transfusions and/or heart transplants could actually change personalities as the recipients could pick up traits from the donors.

At the time such was being was taught, there were some JWs who were not aware of it and didn't believe me when I tried to tell them. I had to actually show them in the Watchtower mag. One of them was shocked when I handed him a bound volume proving my point. He sat down on the stairs in his house with his mouth hanging open in disbelief.

In the 80's, they finally officially dropped the teaching, saying that the heart was just a pump.

• Heaven
    Heaven

rebel8 said: The doctrine in the thread title was a jw teaching back in the 1970s and 1980s.

Yep, that was around the time I was waking up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit