Hearts aren't really heart shaped!

by rebel8 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebel8
    rebel8

A message brought to you by the people who have the unique true knowledge that Jesus wasn't born on 12/25:

Hearts aren't even really "heart shaped"--it's just a Pagan symbol and everyone wrongly believes they're shaped that way.Any questions? (This forum gets totally buggy when you use emoticons!)

• rebel8
    rebel8
    "It is significant that heart-transplant patients, where the nerves connecting the heart and brain are severed, have serious emotional problems after the operation... To what extent the nerve endings of the body and the new heart are able to make some connections in time is not clear, but this cannot be ruled out as one of the several factors causing the serious mental aberrations and disorientation that doctors report are observed in heart-transplant patients. These patients have donor-supplied pumps for their blood, but do they now have all the factors needed to say they have a "heart"? One thing is sure, in losing their own hearts, they have had taken away from them the capacities of "heart" built up in them over the years and which contributed to making them who they were as to personality." (Watchtower, 3/1/1971 p.133-139)
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

......Loyal WBT$ JW Hearts Are Shaped Like a..

..........................KFC CHICKEN LEG..

.......Image result for KFC Chicken Leg

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Tie true...... The modern "heart" shape is actually a womans rear ;)
  • prologos
    prologos
    I remember Chicken hearts to be a close match but not with the pointed bottom. Morpheus, wo-mans' bottom? in your sleep, are you dreaming? Where is the point at the bottom?
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Hearts aren't really heart shaped - brilliant! And in the next edition of the watchtower: 'what do bears do in woods?'

• Zoos
    Zoos
    One thing is sure, in losing their own hearts, they have had taken away from them the capacities of "heart" built up in them over the years and which contributed to making them who they were as to personality." (Watchtower, 3/1/1971 p.133-139)

So anyone with a heart transplant cannot get to paradise, given the patient's inability to love God with his/her whole heart.

• Heaven
    Heaven

...everyone wrongly believes they're shaped that way.

Wow. Once again, Botchtower makes a generalized statement that is totally inaccurate. These types of statements were what started me doubting the veracity of this religion years ago. My first reaction to the above statement is "I do not believe a heart is heart-shaped. In fact, I know it isn't. So what?"

Edited to add: The heart shape is my fave. Glad it is Pagan too!

• prologos
    prologos
    The shape is really spectacular when done at an airshow, traced out in the sky, the heavens.
  • rebel8
    rebel8
    The doctrine in the thread title was a jw teaching back in the 1970s and 1980s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit