Is it possible to hijack your publisher card from cong. records?

by watch the tower 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• watch the tower
    watch the tower

I wonder if anyone has any ideas on how to remove your publisher card from the cong. secretary?

I've completely faded but ppl in my former cong. think I am attending a different cong. My publisher card is still with my old cong though. I would like to find a way to retrieve the card so i can tactfully fade into oblivion without the stigma of being labeled as 'inactive'. I'm surprised that the elders haven't called yet about why no one has contacted them yet about moving my card.

Has anyone been succesful in hikacking their pub. card? Does anyone have any good ideas?

• acsot
    acsot

Hi there! You might try clicking on the poster JT's profile and searching through his posts; he has a method that might work for you.

• blondie
    blondie

Have to have access to the box. Many secretaries keep the box at home. Get access to his house somehow. Otherwise, makeup some fake cards with dummy data, ask to see your cards (a legitimate request), then substitute the fake ones.

Publisher Record Card (S-21)

Now all you need is a copy of the form.

Blondie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

There are ways I suppose. Is it worth lying and deception to you? It will take that in some form I think.

My question is "Why bother?"

The old record cards are just put into an 'inactive' area of the files and basically forgotten. They prob suppose you have just had new ones made at the new hall [not according to policy, but they may not care that much]. Normally they will also send a letter to inform the new cong about your status, etc. You could end up with the elders getting a red flag and you may not wish that to happen.

If u have successfully 'faded' - why not just leave the can of worns closed and out of sight?

Just my opinion

Jeff

• watch the tower
    watch the tower

Has anyone tried to fake a letter from a fake cong. secretary requesting the card to be sent there?Can any former or current elders out there tell me if it is normally a formal letter on WT stationary or just any old letter?

AKjeff,

Leaving it as is seems like a good idea as well. Getting rid of the records would be even better.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Safer bet - fake a call. Have someone pose as the secretary of the 'new cong' - have him give a PO box and name to send the cards to, as well as a letter of recommendation as required. [Hopefully you are far enough away now that they won't have a handy checklist of the congregation you name]

The poser should be an x=witness or at least comfortable with the nomenclature of witness culture - otherwise one slip up and the old cong will know for sure something is amiss. Make the call at a time that the congo is just about to start the meeting - that way it will be all business and no small talk, plus often a bunch of noise and other 'responsibilities' will be on the guys mind at the time.

It could be done I think. You'll have to rent a PO box for a month or whatever.

Jeff

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

These proposed methods have been tried by people before, with varied success.

I wouldn't mind 'jacking mine, too.

• blondie
    blondie

The cards have on them

Your name (sometimes Mrs. Richard Publisher rather than Susan Publisher)

Your address (many times out-dated)

Phone number

Whether of other sheep or anointed

Regular/special pioneer

If brother whether, elder, MS

baptism date

Your hours, placements, rvs, bible studies (numbers by month/year)

Usually only a few years back

That's basically it

Any additional information to the new body of elders is through a letter usually drafted by the secretary. Content varies, supposed to be an introduction and can contain "sins." Sometimes they put in a character assassination.

Blondie

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    Have someone pose as the secretary of the 'new cong' - have him give a PO box and name to send the cards to, as well as a letter of recommendation as required. [Hopefully you are far enough away now that they won't have a handy checklist of the congregation you name]

You might also try the above but without the physical contact by writing the letter yourself and signing it as Brother So and So, secretary. Ask for the recommendation and cards to be sent to the box number. Generally speaking, we weren't suspicious of these types of requests - why would a brother would lie about it? The cards of a df'd person are another matter.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

You could go all Splinter Cell, and break into the hall after hours, or better yet just burn down the hall and watch your card go bye-bye.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit