WOW

by NeonMadman 27 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

It just takes time, Neonmadman. You might adopt min's tactic, short but often. I'd like to see more of your posts.

Blondie

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Jourles, of the hypocrite class

Nooo, you are both lucky you don't post under compulsion, like me.

• mouthy
    mouthy

The prognosis from her cancer is very good; the doctors believe they got it all in the surgery, and the chemo is mainly precautionary, to make sure there are no stray cells .

Oh I am so happy to hear that. How is she handling the Chemo??? Poor sweetie she sure has had a rough time.... You have been a great comfort to her she told me. Great to know your both going on that rest period.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Oh I am so happy to hear that. How is she handling the Chemo??? Poor sweetie she sure has had a rough time.... You have been a great comfort to her she told me. Great to know your both going on that rest period.

The chemo has not gone all that bad, all things considered. At the first one, she had a rather severe allergic reaction when they started the first chemical (her throat closed up) - but the nurses were right there and gave her some more anti-allergy medicine, so the problem was resolved within seconds. Of course, on that same day, I came down with a cold, which she promptly caught due to her lowered resistance. Also she had an outbreak of canker sores in her mouth.

The day before the second chemo, she decided to do some yard work, and apparently was exposed to poison ivy, because she rashed up pretty badly that week. Again, more antihistamines to clear that up.

And the third time it went very smoothly, she was a bit nauseous for one day, but that was all. So the effects she has had have been mainly of the "pain in the neck" variety, and not life-threatening or debilitating. She has been going to work regularly since the doctor cleared her after surgery (except for taking off the chemo days), and generally she is pretty much herself. Her doctor scratches his head when she tells him about the side effects she has had, and says "You have different side effects than everyone else."

So how are you doing, Grace?

• mouthy
    mouthy

My heart aches for her....ME??? well at the moment I am in PAIN!!!! with shingles. & Sciatica ( cant spell it but feel it) But I guess at my age I have to expect ups & downs.... But hope the next chemos will go off well. Imagine she is still working. Gutsy gal ((hug)

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    My heart aches for her....ME??? well at the moment I am in PAIN!!!! with shingles. & Sciatica ( cant spell it but feel it) But I guess at my age I have to expect ups & downs.... But hope the next chemos will go off well. Imagine she is still working. Gutsy gal ((hug)

Yeah, she is, but you are too. Sorry to hear about the problems, hope you are feeling better soon.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Congradulations Neo. So glad you're here. So glad you stick with us!

Huggles

Brenda

• hubert
    hubert

Hi Neon, buddy,

I didn't know Pat was ill. So sorry. I'm glad she is doing good, and hope she continues to be well.

This goes for you too, Mouthy. Get rid of those shingles.

And, Congratulations on 3000+ posts, Neon.

Hubert

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Mouthy, I had shingles a couple of years back. I didn't know why my stomach was hurting so bad. It felt like I was moving another kidney stone. Then the rash broke out. I feel for you. Hope you feel better soon!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

you done good, Madman!

Keep it up, we luvs ya being here.

Cheers,

Ozzie (always upside-down class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit