Hello again, been a while!

by Yizuman 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    That's something we're trying to do. Unfortunantly we can't make her go see a Counselor since she's legally an adult. Even if we could take her to one, we're not exactly well off financially to be able to afford it. My Fiancee' and her daughter constantly fight because my future step daughter won't help her mother for anything, plus the fact that my fiancee' is a double amputee (no legs and is on a electric wheelchair), so she relies on my help most of the time since she knows she won't get help around the house from my future step daughter.
    My FSD (abbreviates it for easier typing) is always verbal abusing her mom, prolly due to the fact that I assume that she resents her mom for not protecting her and also allowing her dad back into her mom's life after her dad served 10 years for aggrivated burglery.
    As for counseling, I am open to that if anyone can recommend some ideas and suggestions on how to look for a low cost or free counceling places somewhere near Indianapolis (I love North of it, approx 30 min drive).
    The tough part is getting the FSD to agree to go at her own free will.

Yiz, I "googled" Mental Health services in Indiana and found this site....http://www.in.gov/fssa/servicemental/

These places base their fees usually on a person's income on a sliding scale. Perhaps your fiance could suggest to her daughter that they enter Mother/Daughter counseling to try to heal themselves from the cycle of abuse they both have obviously endured from her Dad, instead of continually battling because of the emotional "baggage" they're carrying around.....just as a "try it" thingie.......and from there, the counselor could help the FSD segue into individual counseling to help her become the woman she could be. It's surely worth a try, eh?

I don't have all the answers.....or maybe none......but I hope this helps, Yiz.

Frannie

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Yiz, I "googled" Mental Health services in Indiana and found this site....http://www.in.gov/fssa/servicemental/

These places base their fees usually on a person's income on a sliding scale. Perhaps your fiance could suggest to her daughter that they enter Mother/Daughter counseling to try to heal themselves from the cycle of abuse they both have obviously endured from her Dad, instead of continually battling because of the emotional "baggage" they're carrying around.....just as a "try it" thingie.......and from there, the counselor could help the FSD segue into individual counseling to help her become the woman she could be. It's surely worth a try, eh?

I don't have all the answers.....or maybe none......but I hope this helps, Yiz.

Well, the problem with the FSD is that she never follows through something once she starts something, too lazy I guess.

But I will try and suggest it with my fiancee' and see how it goes.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Yiz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit