Hello again, been a while!

by Yizuman 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Thanks guys..

MrsJones, Ok I know where you are at then. Cool! I'm living in Cicero now, one town south from where I used to live before I met my Fiancee'.

Sorry that I haven't posted as much as I used to and I do miss you guys. Been bizzy having a life here. LOL

Will stop by from time to time and see how are thing with ya'll.

Catcha and much love!

Yiz

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Good to see you. Glad she said yes.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Hi, Yiz! Good to hear from you again! Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials!

Frannie

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My My you have been distracted from JWD, haven't you?

Oh speaking of Girlfriend, my girl said "YES!" when I popped the question! The date is August 10th, 2006.

Congratulations

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Thanks Lady Lee

Yep, life has been a distraction from JWD lol.

But it's all good though and I'm happy about it. It's got all the good things in life, the ups and downs. I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Although one thing is that my future step daughter is a bit of a pain, but I think that's expected when it comes to a "stranger" stepping into her mom's life. But we're trying to learn to get along.

She's 19 and one problem I have with her is that she's lazy and immature. She expects the world to take care of her and I'm trying to tell her that this isn't life and that none of us is gonna be around forever to take care of her. She's into Gothic and is leading a depressed life.

So I am trying to find ways to help her. But at the same time, she needs to get a job and learn what the real world is like, which is very hard to do.

The reason for that is because her father was a abusive person (both verbal and physical) and she had been molested by her father.

My fiancee' lived a life of abuse and she thought for a while that it was normal way of life in this world until I showed her an entirely different world which she likes a whole lot better. I treat her with real love and respect, so I think it's about damn time she got what she deserves.

My future daughter in law on the other hand is distrustful because of what she went through which I think is very understandable considering what she's been through. But at the same time, I am trying to show her that all men aren't scum.

Anyway, the turd is out of my fiancee's and daughter's life and I'm very protective of both of them. He better stay away or he's gonna have a problem with me if he ever shows up at our doorstep.

So I have some very interesting challenges ahead for me and I'm frankly quite happy to take on this challenge, no matter how frustrating it can be.

Wish me luck!

Yiz

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Nice to see you again!

You, too, Rocketman.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    The reason for that is because her father was a abusive person (both verbal and physical) and she had been molested by her father.

Yiz, my g/daughter is suicidal and has been cutting herself. She was abused repeatedly by her father (verbal & punitive beatings) and her uncle (molestation) so has very low self esteem issues. Now that she's 15, a boy at school has been stalking her for 2 yrs. She isn't equipped to fight off boys' aggressiveness and manipulativeness....so now she's on meds for bipolar disorder and is seeing a psychiatrist AND psychologist for counseling. She HATES her stepfather.....because he hasn't been understanding and has punished her and sent her upstairs to her room for just silly stuff and she used the opportunity to cut herself again. The psychs have removed her from public school until she's stabilized,etc.

The point I'm trying to make, Yiz......is that your 19-yr-old future step-daughter likely needs counseling.......and......be gentle in giving her parental guidance.

Frannie (off her soapbox now)

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Frannie,

That's something we're trying to do. Unfortunantly we can't make her go see a Counselor since she's legally an adult. Even if we could take her to one, we're not exactly well off financially to be able to afford it.

My Fiancee' and her daughter constantly fight because my future step daughter won't help her mother for anything, plus the fact that my fiancee' is a double amputee (no legs and is on a electric wheelchair), so she relies on my help most of the time since she knows she won't get help around the house from my future step daughter.

My FSD (abbreviates it for easier typing) is always verbal abusing her mom, prolly due to the fact that I assume that she resents her mom for not protecting her and also allowing her dad back into her mom's life after her dad served 10 years for aggrivated burglery.

This turd was always a controlling type, he basically ruined alot of these self esteem that you spoke of and I'm trying to do my part to help rebuild that in the best way I know how. Often with talks and praises.

As for counseling, I am open to that if anyone can recommend some ideas and suggestions on how to look for a low cost or free counceling places somewhere near Indianapolis (I love North of it, approx 30 min drive).

The tough part is getting the FSD to agree to go at her own free will.

Yiz

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((Yizu)))) Congrats on the engagement! I'm sure you're super excited about making it official. My dad remarried when I was almost 10 and it was a very hard transition. It takes a special person to be a step-parent. I put my SM through hell. But she always stayed consistent and always loved me. Even after my DFing she still continues to stay in touch with me, even when my dad doesn't. All that to say, I second Frannie's comment about being gentle. Firm but gentle. Eventually your SD will see what a great guy you are!

Andi

PS: I wished you lived closer to me. I'm a wedding photographer!

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

((((Yizu)))) Congrats on the engagement! I'm sure you're super excited about making it official. My dad remarried when I was almost 10 and it was a very hard transition. It takes a special person to be a step-parent. I put my SM through hell. But she always stayed consistent and always loved me. Even after my DFing she still continues to stay in touch with me, even when my dad doesn't. All that to say, I second Frannie's comment about being gentle. Firm but gentle. Eventually your SD will see what a great guy you are!

Andi

PS: I wished you lived closer to me. I'm a wedding photographer!

Wish ya was closer, woulda been a nice service for our wedding. Although since we're not exactly well off, we're gonna keep the wedding simple and in front of a Judge with just a few people attending.

Thanks for the advice and I will try to be the best Step Parent I can possibly with my FSD.

Yiz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit