The BIG NEWS is starting to bore me

by DevonMcBride 28 Replies latest jw friends

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

... and yet I still want to hear it ... un-certifiably insane .

sweet tee

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well I wont be part of a lynch mob. I like having more of a wait and see attitude about it. It's easier on my brain and sanity. I dont like getting worked up about something when I dont even know what that something is.

Josie ~ sitting in her rocking chair

• undercover
    undercover

I'm becoming more guarded about it, maybe even cynical. I'm beginning to think that it's being over-hyped and the news will hit with a soft thud instead of an earth-shattering kaboom. There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Overwhelming news usually starts as a whisper and grows to a pounding siren.

Look at politics....it's the tiniest, of littlest things that end up bringing down Presidents, Senators, and the like. It's usually the cover up that brings them down, not the crime itself. So maybe a little cover you ass CYA scandel would be nice.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Could this be what Barbara is talking about??????

Danny Haszard
    alt rollingthunderboyw...
    Bangor, ME
    39th Post

http://today.reuters.com /news/newsArticle.aspx?type=televisionNe ws&storyID=2005-12-09T040017Z_01_MCC 914415_RTRIDST_0_TELEVISION-TELEVISION-B OGEYMAN-DC.XML

NBC targets cults with brainwashing drama
    Reuters - USA
    ... has assisted thousands of families in his efforts to help the victims of brainwashing, which he points out includes such people as victims of cults posing as ...

By Kimberly Speight

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - NBC has given a script commitment to a one-hour drama centering on an expert in "deprogramming" people.

The tentatively titled "The Bogeyman" will center on a character who helps people who have been brainwashed.
    Rick Ross, who works as a deprogrammer, is on board as a consultant. Ross, who has been in this line of work since 1982, said he has assisted thousands of families in his efforts to help the victims of brainwashing, which he points out includes such people as victims of cults posing as religious organizations, members of terrorist organizations and women abused by their husbands.

"For the first time, the world of cults and deprogramming and the plight of families victimized by cults and brainwashing along with the vulnerability of the human will be on view in a way it's never been before," Ross said. "The audience will have the opportunity to come into that world and experience it firsthand."

The script is from Erik Jendresen (HBO's "Band of Brothers"), who said the show will "have guts."
    "We're staring this stuff right in the face and going to deal with very real organizations and groups," he said. "We're not shying away from any of this."

Will they include and feature the Watchtower cult?

Watchtower JW Whistleblower Danny Haszard Bangor Maine

• sf
    sf

No Star.

Welcome.

sKally

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Are you beginning to feel like this? Exodus 16: 2,3....

2 In the desert the whole community grumbled against Moses and Aaron. 3 The Israelites said to them, "If only we had died by the LORD's hand in Egypt! There we sat around pots of meat and ate all the food we wanted, but you have brought us out into this desert to starve this entire assembly to death."

• FairMind
    FairMind

As big as the news may be I can't imagine it having any great impact on the R&F. Barbara Anderson mentioned that there would not be any great immediate impact to the WTS, which indicates something with long-term consequences. Whatever the big news is it will be interesting to see how it unfolds .

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Star Moore,

Welcome to the forum!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit