BIG NEWS - RESPONSIBILITY

by peggy 34 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
  • SWALKER
    SWALKER

IT Support...this is exactly what I have a problem with:

• News agencies, journalists (including religious correspondents) in 'serious' newspapers and news magazines.
    • If the Big News is about blood, include medical associations and organizations and medical 'trade' magazines and journals, journalists who specialize in medical matters (medical correspondents).and don't forget government health departments. Remember also lawyers who have handled blood or child abuse cases or who specialize in family matters.
    • If the Big News is about a legal matter, include legal associations and organizations, lawyers' 'trade' magazines and journals and journalists who specialize in legal matters (legal correspondents).
    • If the Big News is about a medical legal matter, we'll have struck gold and will be able use all our researched email addresses.

I hope this is NOT a blood issue...it has been before the courts for years and viewed upside down and inside out. I for one appreciate the Constitution upholding our rights to choose in this matter. I will NOT be an activist for trying to change freedom. That being said, I don't think that children should die at the hands of uneducated parents and I do agree that in that case drs. should administer what they feel is needed. If a dr. gives a child a blood transfusion and the parents disagree with that decision, then they will just have to get over it and realize it was the dr. not them that is responsible. I think the WTS should change their stance on that issue. But as an adult, I want the right to choose and I don't want to be forced to take any treatment that I don't want.

If, however, the GB owns bloodbanks, and is giving transfusions at Bethel, then I'm in! That would be BIG NEWS!!!

If it turns out that they have misrepresented what they have told their members, every religious organization out there does the same. Most people are smart enough to lead their own lives and show up for church for an hour on Sunday.

Swalker

• Slave1111
    Slave1111

Big News?

Hmm, perhaps it might be that the True Faithful and Discreet Slave was revealed a little over a year ago, and that "JEHOVAH GOD" is truly here to take over. Hmm, or perhaps that Jesus Christ is a Mighty God raised by his Father and is about to reign upon the earth of mankind before the years end.......Hmmmm I wonder.......

The Faithful and Discreet Slave of JAH and CHRIST (perplexed)

• IT Support
    IT Support

Swalker,

I hope this is NOT a blood issue...it has been before the courts for years and viewed upside down and inside out.

I guess we'll just have to wait till Barbara tells us what it is.

I for one appreciate the Constitution upholding our rights to choose in this matter. I will NOT be an activist for trying to change freedom.

There's probably not a single person here who would disagree with you, certainly not me.

That being said, I don't think that children should die at the hands of uneducated parents and I do agree that in that case drs. should administer what they feel is needed. If a dr. gives a child a blood transfusion and the parents disagree with that decision, then they will just have to get over it and realize it was the dr. not them that is responsible.

-ditto-

I think the WTS should change their stance on that issue.

I'm going from memory here, but I don't think the elders would hold the parents responsible in this situation. But I could just as easily be wrong...

But as an adult, I want the right to choose and I don't want to be forced to take any treatment that I don't want.

I don't think anyone's arguing with you here...

If, however, the GB owns bloodbanks, and is giving transfusions at Bethel, then I'm in! That would be BIG NEWS!!!

<lol>

• seven006
    seven006

***Is this tipping the hand a little too much? If the WTS is monitoring and they saw this would they be able to figure out what it is they are getting ready to do but haven't and then stop so they can't get caught?***

They are already caught. They caught themselves a long time ago and are just too arrogant, stupid, and money hungry to undo it now. What is already done is done by their own doing.

They have lied and misrepresented the truth about many things throughout the history of their printing company. They have a lot to choose from when it comes to lies and deceitful statements they have made and they know it.

I don’t see them filling the administration floor with their unsuspecting Bethel drones telling them to search for anything in their many books and magazines on “any” subject that “might” be a false or misleading statement. They are way too arrogant to admit one single thing they said is wrong or misleading so to ask their people to do that will be to admit the possibility of them being wrong or deceitful about something.

If they have figured it out (which I highly doubt) and are trying to do some damage control right now, that act in itself will show them to be the deceitful liars that they are. They are screwed if they try to do something and expose the fact that they know they have lied to their own people before the announcement is made and they are screwed if they do nothing. Basically they are screwed.

I’m sure if they read this or any thing else concerning this news they will just laugh it off in the arrogant manner they laugh anything off with. If they just think they will threaten someone with being disfellowshipped and they will cave in, or ship another gay governing member off to hide in some remote city in the world to secretly die off, or bring in their lawyers and threaten a lawsuit, that won’t work this time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit