I Feel So Bad.....HELP

by Sunspot 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I was so disappointed when I saw that my PM bin had been emptied of something that I wanted desperately to keep! I have never paid much attention to when the PMs get the axe....I am usually done replying etc within a week or two so and haven't kept track of this.

My problem is......I hade exchanged snail-mail addies with some of the posters here, and we had agreed to send Christmas cards. I didn't write the addies down---cuz I knew right where they were and thought I could retrieve them when the time came......they are GONE!

In my usual senior-moment fashion, I have promptly forgotten WHO these were from.....so I can't send the cards out! (sigh)

If anyone who had sent me their home address for this purpose-----could you PLEASE resend it? I am SO sorry to do this, but I wanted to explain just what my dilemma IS and hope you'll see this and know what's up!

(blushing)

hugs,

Annie

• under74
    under74

ah, it happens every once in a while. They gotta keep the board fresh right? Keep bttting this so people can get a hold of you and give you their info.

Don't feels so bad. It happens sometimes. Just remember if you get a new address put it on a word file or e-mail it to yourself so it doesn't get lost.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Dont worry about it. Now you have let everyone know... We all do things like that sometimes Me more than others

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Dear Annie

I cannot help you in recovering the lost snail mail addresses, but I can offer you commiseration on your "senior moment." I too have more and more such moments.

In the spirit of this festive holiday season , I give you the official mascot of the Christian religion,

JUMPIN' JESUS!

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

You should see their addies when you get cards from them. You can then send them cards, late but with a good reason.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    You should see their addies when you get cards from them. You can then send them cards, late but with a good reason.

That would have been good, except I don't remember sending MINE to them...yet! I just figured rather than writing them down on a scrap of paper on my less-than-tidy desk, I would wait until I was making out my Christmas card list.....(sigh).

Sooo, the offer still holds---if anyone would like to exchange cards this year send me your snail-mail address.....I promise that I do have my list right here now...and ready to GO!

Nate! You're sooooo bad! That jumpin' Jesus is hilarious and makes me giggle in SUCH a guilty kinda way!!! Certain folks hit the funny bone with others for reasons "why"....none of us can explain.....you seem to hit mine when I read your posts!

hugs to all,

Annie

• fairchild
    fairchild

Hi sunspot,

Don't feel bad about it. Perhaps if you keep this on top for a while, people will find your post and send you their addies again.

I found out the hard way that the pm boxes get dumped every once in a while. I too had personal info from other members in my pm box, thinking things were safe there.. so don't feel bad, it is a normal thing to do. Why write something on a scrap of paper when you already have it stored in your pm box? It is just a normal way of thinking.

My suggestion to Simon is, why not put a limit on the pm boxes, instead of dumping them out without letting people know?

• Angharad
    Angharad

Sorry you lost the PM Sunspot Hopefully people will see this thread and resend the them to you.

My suggestion to Simon is, why not put a limit on the pm boxes, instead of dumping them out without letting people know?
    Its not that Simon just decides to dump the PM boxes, the PMs are automatically deleted by the software when they are 30 days old, that is how it has been since the PM featrue was added.
  • Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Its not that Simon just decides to dump the PM boxes, the PMs are automatically deleted by the software when they are 30 days old, that is how it has been since the PM featrue was added.

Hi Ang,

It hadn't occurred to me that it was done as anything mean-spirited! LOL! I kind of figured this was an "automatically operated" thing.....I should have been paying better attention!

You CAN help me out though....I was just about to post a thread asking what the postage was for a card to be sent from the US to the UK? I have no clue....and if anyone sees this and lives in Canada....I'm not sure of the postage from here to there either! I could stand on the roof and sail the cards over Lake Ontario, but I guess on second thought that wouldn't work too well.....

hugs to all...

Annie

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

We all have these blonde times. One secretary at work used to make such silly mistakes that we began calling that sort of error a "DEBBIE".

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit