True happiness is a cold beer

by wombat 13 Replies latest social humour

• wombat
    wombat

My 34 y.o. son was recently door-knocked by a pair of sombre J.Ws. who began by emphasising what a bad state the world is in and asked him to agree. His response was "Bull #hit". It's a beautiful place. He's got a job, a mortgage he can handle, a daughter who adores him, heaps of mates, a surf board, a set of golf clubs and cold beer in the fridge.

Dave can't stop global warming, tsunamis, terrorists etc. He concerns himself with the things he can change. Like mowing the old lady's lawn next door and sharing one of his coldies with her.

You gotta feel sorry for the JWs always looking at life through an eye of misery. Lighten up fellas and maybe more people will listen to you. (I know that they can't so I'm safe in saying that).

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Great post! And welcome to you wombat.

You know, I think a lot of the teenage JW's are more and more like your son, it's the older dubs that are usually so negative. The congregations have changed so much in the last 10 years.

• skyman
    skyman

Agree totally. Here is a tip for all you beer drinkers in the cold of the winter as long as it is not way below freezing put your beer outside and it will be so cold and sweet.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Agree totally. Here is a tip for all you beer drinkers in the cold of the winter as long as it is not way below freezing put your beer outside and it will be so cold and sweet.

Teenagers just love it when you do that. So be sure to conceal it well. My son and his friends got into some beer a neighbor left outside.

• wombat
    wombat

Hey Skyman and FlyingHighNow.....If you are true beer affeciandos you will appreciate this great beer commercial

WWW.bigad.com.au

My mate in CA loved it so much he took a carton back with him. Paid about $40 for the carton and $150 in excess baggage.

• These3Words
    These3Words

I always thought they were very morbid. I mean all they celabrate is Jesus's death and reserection. I remember during my last days of KH activity thinking there has got to be more out there than this sick ritual.ie the Memorial!!

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I wish more people would shut them down like that instead of feeding JWs own insecurities and fears about things by agreeing how bad the world has gotten. I recall a TLC show that had as one of the top 10 myths of all times that the world was getting worse with specific reasons. I wish I had a copy of that show.

• heathen
    heathen

I would probly agree that the world sucks but would also have to inquire as to just how being a j-dub was going to make it all better anyway . This way you get stabbed in the back over even more petty things , oh jeez what a life . Most of the j-dubs I've known are the most miserable idiots on earth .

• horrible life
    horrible life

I'll try tomorrow.

Someone, please tell me if this works, Since you all are talking about beer, I just got this in my email today, and this is the only thing I could find to copy and paste. HL

• wombat
    wombat

Maybe the world does suck, Heathen, and maybe it doesn't. But we can make sure that our lives don't suck. Stopping an org from controlling you is a good start.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit