Do YOU Consider Yourself An Apostate?

by Golf 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Golf
    Golf

I don't. I find this labeling insulting and misdirected. I have been lied, deceived/tricked by a group of men posing as God's direct channel of communication.

When a group of men heightens the expectations of a world change to happen in 1975 (Armageddon) to its' adherents and nothing occurs and then blame their adherents for thinking such thoughts, this is outright deception. How can men claim to be God's channel and ignore Jesus words at Matt 24:36, "Concerning that day and hour nobody knows..." Ah, but he didn't say the year though, did he? Yeah, yeah, yeah.

To be labeled 'apostate' by men who act like the Pharisees of Jesus day, sorry, I don't buy it. I don't consider myself an apostate and neither does my wife.

Golf

• Satanus
    Satanus

No. I consider myself an escapee from a fantasy farm. As such, i am still a little dazed and confused, but free at last (i am a born in). I am slowly finding myself and getting more engaged in the real life on this planet and the universe.

S

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Yup and proud of it - but only when referring to JWs.

Outside of that I am a survivor more than an apostate

• kls
    kls

I agree Golf, i don't like it either but if that is the one word that shows JWS that i am the complete opposite of what they are, and they are afraid of, and fear, then i am all for it.

If the JWS hate it , then i like it.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

If I understand the term correctly, you can't be an apostate in a vacuum. You have to be an apostate FROM something. So in order to answer the question, you first have to identify what it is that I may or may not be an apostate from.

If you are referring the Watchtower, then you betcha! I'm a sincere, whole-souled Apostate from Jehovah's Witnesses.

I guess I've also apostasized from the Tooth Fairy belief. Now to think of it, I'm a bunch of apostates!

Dave

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

from the organization possibly. From Jehovah and Jesus no

• skyman
    skyman

If it is not believing the Society is God's channel then yes.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Apostate always reminded me of prostrate and has about the same ambience in my book. Labels? Labels? We don't need no stinking labels.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

In relation to JWs? Sure Im proud of that label. It means to me that I'm a thinking rational human being. I find no fault with myself for believing the way I do and choosing not to support their lies. Since Im not a christian it holds no derrogatory meaning to me outside the organization either. Shrug. It's just a word and not one that has any particular hold over me.

• Golf
    Golf

Thanks for your thoughts and comments.

Jesus hit the nail on the head when said to the Pharisees of his day, "Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees,hypocrites! bcause YOU resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed 'appear' beautiful but inside are full of dead men's bones and of every sort of uncleanness. In that way YOU also, outwardly indeed 'appear' righteous to men, but inside YOU are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness."

The org. has this 'appearance' of do-gooders. They are the apostates, why should those who leave this wicked and hypocritical org. be labeled apostates? They make it 'appear' as though we are the wicked and lawless, when it is them!

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit