Do YOU Consider Yourself An Apostate?

by Golf 42 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Apostate -chaneph - hypocrite - mainly used in the book of Job.

It's because I lacked hypocrasy that I left...

• Golf
    Golf

Little Toe, are you sure it wasn't a Wizard of Oz theocracy?

Golf

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Yes, meaning that I have proudly rejected the wts.

• jb
    jb

Since the only time I ever heard or used the word Apostate was while I was a JW, I'm going to have to say no.

But that being said I did leave an org. so.....

Ahhh you know what I really don't care! They can call me anything they please, just as long as they stay away.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I find it comical that an organization that is founded on apostasy has the audacity to call anyone "apostate" and view them in a negative light.

W

• Berean
    Berean

An Apostate againt a man made orginazition?

No such thing!

You can only be apostate against God himself. You can only be opposed to a man made organization!

• JH
    JH

I'm not an apostate.

I'm a lost sheep, looking for good time while it's available.

• Chimene
    Chimene

The definition of apostate is in any dictionary (not written by the JW;s of course, we're talking Webster's hereLOL)

is.... one who has left his religion. According to what they say, you don't believe in God anymore. That's a whole other thing, Athiest-Agnostic, they don't believe period. So, you can call me apostate if you like, I left the orginization, thank God, LOL!

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Jesus was the original apostate....and since I'm a follower of his...

I'm an apostate...and happy to be one....

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Yes, it is an apostate organization, just as Christianity is an apostate teaching from Judaism. You're still technically an apostate if you leave even an apostate organization. But it's not necessarily a bad thing. The word apostate has nothing to do with which point of view is right or wrong, only that a person is no longer affiliated with a particular group.

The term as used by the Witnesses is inappropriate. The thing is that the Witnesses try to make "Apostate" a special term that carries a significance that the word simply does not mean.

An excellent point, well articulated!

DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit