Has God Just Set Us Up For Failure?

by confused_101 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Has God Just Set Us Up For Failure?

ah yes! you have to love the failure. the failure is one of the only good gifts god has ever given the world. i'm a failure in god's eyes, and i am really really enjoying it!

:)

• TopHat
    TopHat
    wow...lot's of typos up there...it should have said:someone was talking about the movie "The Village"....t-hee

That's IT...the WTS is collecting all that money so they start a Village (Paradise) somewhere on this old earth. Anyone have a guess where??

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hi Confused,
    Only you and God can figure out the answer to your sincere questions. Be balanced as you explore your spirituality. Seek God and He will reveal Himself to you. Don't go replacing your devestated belief system with anything substancial. Keep your mind open and above all, do not let your experience in a cult lead you to stark unbelief. Some here are born again Christian, other's not.

Rex

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

"I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details." -- Albert Einstein

I don't think Einstein was any more intelligent than you and I. I think he was free to learn,(home schooled), was not forced into a desctructive cult and he had an enquiring mind. We have to play catch up since we were taught not to think for ourselves.

Personaly IMHO I,like Einstein have no problem believing in God. I know the Bible can seem confusing but after years of researching it for myself, I have come to my own conclusions and am very sure of them. It didn't happen overnight that's for sure. I don't believe God set me up for failure at all. I don't feel like a failure. I am not good and don't have to be good to feel right with God.

The difference between my relationship with God today, and my relationship with Him as a JW is this; I am not seen by God as "aproved" based on my door to door activity or meeting attendance or obediance to the law. God loves me period and sent Jesus to cover ALL my screw ups. It isn't about me. It is about God and what He did FOR me. The blood of Christ biblicaly is much more than the Dubs told us.

The thing about Adam and Eve that the Dubs teach incorrectly is that Adam and Eve caused all the problems. The fact is we all would have, it is part of our nature. But that's ok God knew we would mess up and provided the solution in Jesus. It is a free gift. I look at it as in our simple life with family. I raised three children. As a parent if I allowed my children to do whatever they wanted without any consequences, they would have grown up to be maniacs. They had to be disciplined (disciple) through cause and effect. You hit your brother, you get time out. Jesus died so we would not face the punishment for our crimes. He suffered in our place. Paid in full. We will never have to face time out because of the mistakes we make here. Go to one of the online Bibles and do a word search for "free gift" and see how the Bible was misrepresented to us if you are curious. It blew my mind. Lies lies lies and misrepresentations is all we got from the org.

It was really hard to be brave enough to start posting. I have utmost respect for you all. ~Love, Kate

• bailabklyn
    bailabklyn

I should first say that i'm not Christian so ... what the Bible has to say about God vs the Devil is of no importance to me.

BUT - I do not think God has set us up for failure at all. God has set us up to learn and to express ourselves. Anything more than that isn't important to me. I do believe in some for of afterlife (but in an energetic sense since energy is transformed, not destroyed, etc). I don't believe in Satan and his demons. I do believe in tricky "spirits." I do believe in guardian angels.

OP (Original Poster), I think you should look deep within YOURSELF. Try to give yourself between one wee and one month to keep the tv/radio and other noise off. Stay away from things that willl influence how you look at life for a while. meditate (for me, this means doing a deep housecleaning) and you'll find yoru truth i have a feeling. This is how i did it. v you might dsagree with some of the things I believe but who's to say who's right and wrong.

Religion and OTHER PEOPLE'S VIEWS confuse people.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Jesus died so we would not face the punishment for our crimes. He suffered in our place. Paid in full. We will never have to face time out because of the mistakes we make here. Go to one of the online Bibles and do a word search for "free gift"

Hello Kate, and welcome.

If salvation is a "free gift" to all, what need is there to be a Christian?

No offense meant, just curious.

j

• bailabklyn
    bailabklyn

Wouldn't the world be a boring place if it were only full of successes? Actually, success wouldn't even exist because there wouldn't be anything to compare it to.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    If salvation is a "free gift" to all, what need is there to be a Christian?

No offense meant, just curious.

Well there isn't. It is a choice, a belief, a relationship. I love my three children unconditionally. They are not all the same, don't act the same, live the same. I love them all the same, no matter what. I think most parents do. It makes me happy when they call me, and show me with actions they love me. But even if they don't I still love them. If I can love my children unconditionaly how much more is God capable of unconditional love? This is the perspective of normal non cultic mainstream Christianity. There's a lot of erroneas doctrine in the world and has been. Religion means power. I never judge anyone for what they do or do not believe. I focus on the nature of God as presented in the Bible, and the nature of Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. Who are they? Are they real? Who are they to me if they are real. Inquiring minds love to find out....

Thank you for the welcome!

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Thank you Kate for your reply.

So, is what you are saying that since the gift is unconditional and free, then someone like I who have no heartfelt need for a deity or a Jesus, will equally receive as someone like yourself who believes and calls herself Christian?

j

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    So, is what you are saying that since the gift is unconditional and free, then someone like I who have no heartfelt need for a deity or a Jesus, will equally receive as someone like yourself who believes and calls herself Christian?

I'm saying that according to normal mainstream Christianity, God loves you as much as He loves me. According to nmc, we "receive" what we receive. If I was wanting to give my three children a new car and a million dollars all they would need to do was receive it. One of them may have different reasons for not recieving it. Maybe they don't really believe I have it for them. Maybe they think the car is a lemon. Maybe they don't really need the money or the car. The one that recieves the free gift is gonna get a free car and a million dollars.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit