Are you all really gonna make me...

by mrsjones5 37 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thanks Under74,

My oldest boy (he's 11) has ADD, but I took him off of the medication because I didnt see any inprovement. Other than that he makes friends faster than I can count and boy can that kid talk. He's a motormouth and sometimes I have to tell him to be quiet and give me some peace. lol

I sometimes think that if I get my wish of my youngest talking, I'm gonna be talked to death.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I noticed but didn't get around to commenting.

So....he's very cute!

I sometimes think that if I get my wish of my youngest talking, I'm gonna be talked to death.
    Yeah...same thing happened with my daughter once her speech became existent. I'm glad the therapy is helping.
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thanks loneysheep.

When did your daughter start talking?

• under74
    under74

Josie- What I saw with my nephew after being taken off of medication vs. just talking to him about problems was drastic. On medication he'd cry constantly, say he was stupid, not want to talk to anyone, and sometimes try to hurt himself. Now (off medication) none of that is true...and for a kid that didn't really talk until he was 4 he won't shut the hell up...I'm serious this kid constantly sings to himself and thinks "BIG SOUNDS!" (his words) are better than being quiet.

My oldest nephew (12) was just recently diagnosed with a learning disability but he's doing okay with extra help from his teachers and my younger brother helps him with homework twice a week.

It can all be taken care of.

• Carol
    Carol

Mrs. J , he is absolutely gorgeous.

As to the other, did anyone stop to think that maybe he just doesn't have anything to say? He may be an observer for a while but look out when he finally does start talking, because he'll probably come out with the most profound statements you've ever heard.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    When did your daughter start talking?

I would say around 3-3 1/2. She started pre-school then, barely saying anything. Total turnaround. She's now 5, in kindergarten and simply amazing. I started her in therapy at 21 months due to no progress from 15 months on.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thank you Carol.

As to the other, did anyone stop to think that maybe he just doesn't have anything to say? He may be an observer for a while but look out when he finally does start talking, because he'll probably come out with the most profound statements you've ever heard.

Yeah, we thought about that but he does make sounds and sings but not in coherent words. He hums and does a lot of baby talk. In therapy he's working on say "more" but for him it comes out as "MMMM". When he says "Bye Dada" to his father it comes out as "Da Dada", he has a hard time making the B sound.

This all may be normal for him and in time something will switch on and he'll talk in complete sentences. The theraphy is more like play for him, cant hurt, and is free because of our income and opens the door for my son to be eligible for other programs. So it's all good.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I've been admiring it ever since you put it up. He looks like he's really enjoying those boss shades. Is that your little boy who was making up to all the men at Thanksgiving? I'd let him give my hubby a hug, for sure.

GentlyFeral

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Joshua? Ohhhhhhh, I was thinking you found a way to turn back time. Mrs. Jones, you are one of the brightest additions to JWD since I've been reading here. How could anyone not notice you?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Is that your little boy who was making up to all the men at Thanksgiving? I'd let him give my hubby a hug, for sure.

Yep, that's him.

My husband has a cousin who just moved from California to Tennessee and now has a job driving a truck long distances. Sometimes his route brings him through Indiana and he stops by when he can. The first time Joshua met my husband's cousin (Derrick) it was love at first sight. Josuha was constantly in his lap or asking him to pick him up. At one point Derrick what sitting on the couch and Joshua ran over to the back of the couch, hopped over it, and landed in Derrick's lap. Joshua was so happy sitting there starting into Derrick's face and the though occurred to me that he's going to kiss him. I said to Derrick "Watch out he's gonna kiss you." And sure enough Joshua moved in for the kill.

I've seen Joshua react this way to another one of my husband's friends and right now because he's a baby and so cute we laugh it off.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit