Another newbie

by jessthebull 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jessthebull
    jessthebull

I just wanted to introduce myself, I have been lurking around for a while reading posts and identifying with so many of the experiences within them. I have only stopped going to the meetings in the last year and it is only in the last couple of months that i have really started to research this "religion" that has been such a huge part of my life.

I dont live at home any more but am still in regular contact with my JW family and one or two friends. I am constantly censoring my life so that it fits into there JW world. Though they know that i no longer attend meetings, they still think that I believe JW to have the truth. They have not met my wonderful boyfriend or many of my other fabulous friends who support me day to day.

I am so glad that i found this site. It has given me perspective, my upbring in the borg was no where near as strict as some and I was not abused in any way. At the same time it has allowed me to conect with others who know what its like to grow up feeling guilty and worring about many of your friends and family dying at the hand of your "loving" creator.

So i just wanted to let you know that i have appreciated hearing your stories and experiences immensly and plan on sticking around to share a few of mine.

jessthebull

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Welcome Jessthebull ( you a Taurus?)

Yeah sometimes you just have another opinion rather than what you were taught as a kid.

Don't need a major issue to leave but suffice to say you will be treated accordingly by the "loving "org.

Ignored!

• lime05
    lime05

Hi welcome, here are some points i was given when i first joined the site which form the entire basis for the jw's organizational authority structure.

(1) They have no explanation for why they believe the Faithful and Discreet Slave is a class (or group) of people. (Matthew 24:45-47)

(2) They have no explanation for why they teach that God's Organization is spirit-directed when no organization in the Bible ever was.

(3) They have no explanation for claiming God uses the Faithful and Discreet Slave "Class" exclusively as a conduit for "new light" (that is, new teachings that may directly contradict old teachings)

(4) They have no explanation as to why they teach that the "other sheep" of John 10:16 have a different destiny from the ones already in the fold, although the Scripture specifically states

that the two groups of sheep are from different sources but have the same destiny

• jessthebull
    jessthebull

no not a tauras - based on a nick name i had as a kid (which in turn was based loosely on my last name)

Thanks for the pointers, wouldnt you know that i have already been ignored by the org. NO meetings, no field service, my mother is very worried about me missing out on the paradise an all, yet absolutley no contact from the elders to see if they can help in this time of spiritual weekness. Weird. Cant say im too sad about that though ;-)

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Welcome jessthebull.

I like the way you 'spress yourself. :)

• defd
    defd

yet absolutley no contact from the elders to see if they can help in this time of spiritual weekness. Weird.

I know exactly how you feel. Weird? No. It is just reality. What we need to do is FORGE on sis. If you are spiritually weak you need to identify why? Then work from there.If the brothers wont help you, you need to help yourself. Jehovah is always there for you. Believe me THEY will answer for there actions. They will be called to an accounting for there treatment of the flock. But so will we!If we can be forced to stop serving Jehovah because the "FRIENDS treat us bad, then we werent serving Jehovah for the right reasons in the first place.

D.

• Es
    Es

welcome and enjoy your stay.

Look forward to hearing more

es

• one of 12
    one of 12

Welcome jessthebull from another newbie from the land of the long white cloud.

My husband and I (sounds slightly royal) look forward to hearing from you more.

Jennine

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Welcome Jessthebull - I can relate to your experience of no elders visits in this time of spiritual weakness. When I stopped attendng meetings at 16 the first elder contact I had was to invite me the judicial meeting which disfellowshipped me shortly after I came out of hospital for an overdose, which actually formed one of the df-ing offences. You'll soon hear from the elders when you stop censoring yourself and they find out you have a boyfriend or are sexually active. However if you aren't baptised you won't hear from them at all.

Anyway its lovely to have you hear - the newbies from New Zealand seem to be swelling here.

Mrs one of 12 - please accept my late welcome to you - I can tell already you will be a lively addition to the board. And pass on my welcome to Mr one of 12 unless he has his own nickname here!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Welcome Jess.

When I first came here I was so surprised to see that others have gone through/suffered the same as I had...and the sense of shared history is a great healing factor which in my view cant be beaten.

Look forward to seeing you round...

DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit