Another newbie

by jessthebull 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome!

I look forward to reading more of your posts!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome jessthebull.

Great to have you aboard...I am Granny on this site ((((HUG))) so I give hugs, Also to all the newbies GREAT to have you ....Hope to e- you more often...

Grace ( or as the wt call me "Undeserved kindness"

• confused_101
    confused_101

I'm a newbie too, nice to meet you. I'm so glad that I found this site, it's such a great feeling to know that I'm not the only black sheep out there. It's also nice to have support, I've been dealing with so many issues about this religion on my own. So welcome and I look forward to reading more of your posts.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

'tis I, husband of one of twelve here.Thanks crumpet.

welcome jessthebull.I have no doubt that there are stacks of Kiwi lurkers here but characteristically were not always very forthcoming with our opinions so it's great to hear from you.Stick around.Pete

• heathen
    heathen
    If we can be forced to stop serving Jehovah because the "FRIENDS treat us bad, then we werent serving Jehovah for the right reasons in the first place.

Me thinks there is a difference between serving jehovah and serving a book publishing corporation that likes to use slave labor by brainwashing people to believe they will die a horrible death if they don't sell magazines .

Lime05 --- I think what you posted does have some very dogmatic exsplanations ......

Welcome to the board jessthebull and confused_101

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    What we need to do is FORGE on sis. If you are spiritually weak you need to identify why? Then work from there.If the brothers wont help you, you need to help yourself.

You've now met DefD aka Derrick, our resident more-or-less genuine JW. As hard as it is to admit, I end up agreeing with him a lot. And I do here, too. In a way.

It seems that many people leave the Watchtower because they get tired of it. The end is "just around the corner", just like it was 100 years ago. There are so many meetings and they're so boring. Field service blows, especially if you're feeling like being a JW is a burden you wouldn't want to place on anyone else's shoulders.

So you quit, but you still feel it's "the truth". (Not necessarily you personally, but some)

That's a tough row to hoe, since you still carry around the guilt.

If you've left the Watchtower, but still feel they might be used by God in some way (other than as a bad example <wink>), be sure to research their doctrines for yourself. Once you see that they are just like any other church, with their pet scriptures and pet dogmas, the guilt can't help but go away. I can assure you, they do not have "the truth".

Dave

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to the board. It's great having so many newbies.

Cellist

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome to the forum, Jess!

• jessthebull
    jessthebull

wow! thanks for all the welcomes, advice and hugs! I think what i said about not being visited by the elders was somewhat misleading - this was just an observation on my part, not a desire to actually see them!

Great to see that there are some other kiwis here too, look forward to responding to other posts.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Welcome jessthebull!

Looking forward to hearing more of your story.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit