What Did YOU Give Up For The "Truth"???

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Did you forfeit a college education, a great paying job which would've kept you from the meetings, a career, a trade, your loved ones, a vacation, etc. so that you could be a good little Witness?

• serendipity
    serendipity

a husband

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

All of the above.

J

• serendipity
    serendipity

Lost my father - my mother signed the medical release on blood. I supported her decision. She still feels guilty to this day.

Almost lost my mother after a botched surgery- I signed the medical release on blood at that time. This pushed my mother into inactivity, because she felt a sense of betrayal by my actions (bad JW) and felt guilty for feeling betrayed. To deal with it, she escaped into her job, becoming a workaholic and withdrew from the family for 15 years. So we lost her in a different manner.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

A childhood. Apparently I had a face like a slapped arse for 15 years.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Not nearly so much as what I gave up to leave 'The Truth'.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

A college education and 35 years. Did find a wife and we had three terrific kids. S4

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

First I gave up my "worldly" friends and fiance. I severely damaged my relationships with my "worldly" family. For a long time I delayed having a real career. I was later married but had no kids. Now the marriage is over, so I'll never have a real family of my own.

W

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Not much....

***king college, rational thought, unconditional love from and for all my family.

You know, the little stuff.

• claytoncapeletti
    claytoncapeletti

I gave up a relationship with my father, because he was going to die during the big "A". He was a good man and I looked elsewhere in the hall for father figures when I had a good one of my own. Also I gave up playing football for my High School, I was pretty good during my pop warner days but High School football would have interupted my meetings and field service. What an asshole I was!!!

Clayton

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit