What Religion DOESN'T Use Fear Tactics and Threats?

by Nate Merit 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Kabbablah?

Scientology?

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Kabbablah?

Scientology?

LOL!

• Shining One
    Shining One

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth His love for us, that while we were sinners, Christ died for us.
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave his only-begotten son that whosoever would believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
    Eph. 2:8-9 For we are saved by grace through faith and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God: not of works lest anyone boast.

Nate,
    I have never heard of a 'pentecostal Baptist' church. The terms are a contradiction as far as worship and preaching style. Perhaps you were a 'oneness pentecostal', or one who believes that speaking in tongues is a requirement for salvation. If so, you jumped from one cult into another.
    Fear causing one to be saved? The gospel is very simple really. We are sinners saved by grace (unmerited favor) from a fate of our own choosing (John 3.18-19), as the holiness of God demands justice for His wrath. Love brings us to heaven where we can enjoy His presence forever. We can choose to be separated from Him for eternity. If you choose out of fear (and not love) where is the changed heart condition that is the sign for repentance and being born again? You claim to have been a preacher yet by your description you were not doing so with the power of the Holy Spirit. You were preaching in a church that teaches you can lose your salvation for just about anything. People get lost and then saved repeatedly. That doctine is false.
    And if you see the quote from Ephesians then you might understand that as you simply cannot come to God unles He changed your heart in the first place. The only place where fear resides is where one has tasted the love of God then decided to trample on the blood of his savior (Heb. 6:4-6). Rev. 21:3-7 is a very good example of what we have to look forward to as the final result of salvation.
    I lost my fear when I left the cult. BTW, 'fear' is most often a term understood as 'respect' in scripture.
    Rex

• Carmel
    Carmel

....mine...

carmel

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I invite everyone to read the following law case:

Wollersheim v. Church of Scientology, 212

In short, a "hell-fire" religious speech about the after-life is protected religious excercise. It's when the religion goes further, such as ruining a person financially, subjecting them to slave-like conditions, and takes away thier immediate family that will not be tolerated. Here, Mr. Wollersheim successfully sued the Church of Scientology....albeit it took him several years and many appeals to collect. I invite you to read the case. It will give you some BIG insights into Mr. Tom Cruise's latest rantings (and Nicole's silence).

I think that the Society has some unresolved legal issues with its shunning practices. Read the case, and post your thoughts.

Skeeter1

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

(For some reason, my "cut & paste" does not work on this web-site.)

It's Wollersheim v. Church of Scientology, 212 Cal. App. 3d 872 (2d Dist. Div 7 1989)

available at

www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/legal/wollersheim/212cal.app.3d.872.html

Happy Reading!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    I was quite good at this as a pentecostal Baptist minister.
    I was a Buddhist priest for 12 years.

Nate, how long did you study as a Buddhist monk before becoming a priest, and what other possitions of religious authority have you attained?

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I would say a lot of pagan faiths and some eastern religions don't use fear tactics and threats. There is no negative result for not following them and therefore it is hard to instill fear in someone to subscribe to that belief system.

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

TOUCHE' Carmel!

Same here.

Nate

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

First of all I was going to say what Carmel said! And then I was going to say what Mysterious said!

Sherry - who doesn't have anything to say that someone else hasn't already said!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit