What Religion DOESN'T Use Fear Tactics and Threats?

by Nate Merit 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hello Brenda

Whomever owns this message board has reduced my posting allowance to 25 per day, and Topic down to 1 every 48 hours, so I am responding this way.

Abbot Christensen accepted as my qualifications for the Buddhist priesthood many things: My own very in-depth self-directed study of Buddhism that had lasted eight or nine years. Also, my own adeptness in practicing and teaching Zazen meditation, something I had been doing and teaching for nearly three decades at that time. (Now it is over three decades) In addition, my assistance in choosing the books for the curriculum of the Seminary we were forming (and is now a reality), along with my efforts in helping found Hongaku Jodo. It is now a growing and respected Buddhist sect that makes Pure Land Buddhism available to all in plain English rather than Japanese or Chinese, and an avenue of service for those who desire to serve others in the capacity of a sensei.

Namaste,
    Nate aka Venerable Lantien Shanfa ("Blue Sky Mind" in Mandarin Chinese)

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Dear Apostate Kate:

You wrote:

"My fear ended when Armegeddon didn't show up in 1975. Before 75 I really wasn't 100% convinced anyway. I just seemed to believe in a Creator all on my own from as far back as I can remember, and He was not in the business of making babies in 1974, only to plan on killing them in 1975 because thier parents were not JWs. I knew I had been duped and started my spiritual journey. I have never felt that fear again. My journey has included Buddhism, Scientology, (went through the first two classes), I even danced with the Hare Krishnas and ate food offered to idols, all major religions in the world. ~Kate; settled in love and grace"

I can certainly relate to all this! Goodonyemate.
    Nate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit