so what comes next........

by fleaman uk 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Jez
    Jez

DB said :

it would be a leap of stupidity for me personally to be ever involved in another religious group and to blindly accept all or any of which they spoonfeed

Looking back, it is my naivity that really bothers me. How could I have not questioned, or researched more? How could I have blindly followed everything they said? How could I listen to them when they told me that it was in my sisters best interest that I shun her? I would love to have a religion and REALLY dive into something, but I don't and never can trust that I am not naturally gullible.

I see myself now as having the capacity for gulliblity and therefore fiercely protect my freedom of thought, it is like I am so afraid still that I could lose it.

Jez

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

It's all part of a process. My bf jokes I am years behind in development. In a lot of ways the organization manages to shelter us from naturally progressing through life stages. It will come in time, just take care of yourself and your loved ones and try not to worry so much about the specifics. You can't force it.

• Jez
    Jez
    If the bible wasn't written by a bunch of power-hungry Catholics looking for a way to exercise control, I might care what the bible says.

-ithinkisee

May I add...power-hungry Catholic MEN....

Jez

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I see myself now as having the capacity for gulliblity and therefore fiercely protect my freedom of thought, it is like I am so afraid still that I could lose it.

Once bitten, twice shy is the old saying Jez...completely agree with you on this one.

DB74

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    May I add...power-hungry Catholic MEN....

Agreed.

-ithinkisee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit