HELP ME WITH MY TALK! DON'T MAKE ME BEG!

by stillAwitness 34 Replies latest jw friends

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

haha this is too funny! apostates helping jw's with their talks... doesn't this strike anyone as odd? i do think it's cute and even a compliment to human nature...

bethel

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

HELLOOOOO CRUMPY

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    haha this is too funny! apostates helping jw's with their talks... doesn't this strike anyone as odd?

yeah, that's why I couldn't give a serious answer. It would be kinda like giving my bird a chocolate bar - very bad!

W

• Jez
    Jez
    haha this is too funny! apostates helping jw's with their talks... doesn't this strike anyone as odd? i do think it's cute and even a compliment to human nature...

bethel

Strikes me as well. Shows the hypocrisy within the org. I don't think it is cute though or a compliment to human nature. YOU are on the ministry school, YOU choose to be, YOU make up your own damn talk. Or, I will make it up for you as long as you reference it, but then again, plagiarism isn't that big of a deal, is it. I use to make my husband's talks up for him all the time, my SIL made her husbands up, and her sons, my mother "helped" my Dad with his........... Jez

• Honesty
    Honesty

I suggest the following setting for your talk:

10. Encouraging Bible reading by showing how to do it or how reading a specific Bible book can benefit us

Source materials can include but are not limited to the following:

The New King James Bible

The Living Bible

The Scofield Bible (a real treat for non-trinitarian JW's)

The New American Standard Bible

The Holman Christian Standard Bible

The New International Version of the Bible

The Jerusalem Bible

Young's Literal Translation

Barne's Notes on the New Testament

J. Vernon McGee's Thru the Bible

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible commentary

Wesley's Commentary

Finney's Systematic Theology

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hey Stilla, didn't you like the material I sent you? geeeze!

carmel

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

But for a well balanced rounded out talk source materials should include:

Punch magazine

Viz

Old Moores Almanac

Gay Times

Asian Babes

Beano

Construction Weekly

Fly Fishing for Beginners

Skin Two

• heathen
    heathen

I think we learn that jesus family was not happy with the current religious system and hated hypocrisy , for one thing . Let's take a look at how the WTBTS compares to the pharisees back in jesus day ...... blah blah yadda yadda

• Jez
    Jez

Setting: Witnessing to a neighbor

HH: "I just read the book, "The DaVinci Code" It states that Jesus was married, and even had a child! Do JWs believe that?"

JW: "Oh no, we are not allowed to entertain any other possibilities than what the society tells us."

HH: "But Jesus had family, and how he acted could teach us alot, if taken from that perspective, it could explain why he was so loving towards woman."

JW: "Oh no, we have not been told that that true. I would have to wait on 'Jehovah' to reveal that to us through the FDS class."

HH: "But don't you think it is interesting how the book says that it is religion, run by man, that had to 'demonize' women, in order to take power away from them? If so, Jesus' example would mean alot of changes to how families are run, no?"

JW: "Well, the society's publications say.."

HH: "I know what they say, but what do others say?"

JW: "Have I ever showed you Matt 24:14. Notice that JW are the only ones preaching this good news."

• lawrence
    lawrence

Too many talks, what about what James said, "Slow to speak, quick to hear, slow to wrath."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit