For sweetscholar: Is there proof that the Bible is inspired by God?

by seattleniceguy 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hi AA,
    There is also probably no clear explanation for a few of the contradictions. Thanks for considering the other side of the coin.
    Rex

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Hello El Don
    It appears to me there is one big problem with your argument from a JW standpoint. The bible states that sinning against the holy spirit is unforgivable and JWs purport that an apostate is dead to god and even his prayers will not be listened to. While I find this incongruent with the idea of a merciful god, that is in fact what is taught.

Indeed if you are practicing the things you mentioned (smoking, being openly gay, etc) there is no congregation that will have you back since you have not demonstrated repentance by ceasing your sinful behaviors. And indeed JWs teach that god will not listen to the prayers of those that are practicing deliberate wrongdoing.

On the other hand I do not believe in sin and feel you are doing nothing wrong in living this way. Why you would submit yourself to a MAN-MADE organization and its teachings is beyond me. And why you feel they are somehow necessary for your salvation (and fit to judge you being as you said hypocrites and sinners themselves) is also beyond me. If you feel that god in important in your life I would postulate you can have a relationship with him without involving such a hurtful religion.

As you said other religions also feature hypocracy and similar issues. However, I think your problem is that you are looking to MAN to define your relationship with GOD. No imperfect man can in fact perfectly create religion as you seem to be looking for. The JWs are far from perfect and when the honeymoon is over again you will realize it. Just read the posts in this thread carefully they have many valid arguments to prove this. If JWs are in fact correct then their beliefs will stand up to scrutiny right?

I agree that those practicing wrong in DISGUISE would not be ferreted out by men but rather destroyed in the end by god. However, the bible says that god's organization would be clean and when facts are brought to light about wrongdoing, particularly child abuse scandals, and are covered up, we can be sure that they in fact do not have the truth.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    There is also probably no clear explanation for a few of the contradictions. Thanks for considering the other side of the coin.

And thanks to you for being reasonable on the point as well.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit