For sweetscholar: Is there proof that the Bible is inspired by God?

by seattleniceguy 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• under74
    under74

if she's violating JW rules without knowing what she's doing, I think someone ought to let her know.

• defd
    defd

Good ole under, always thinking of the other person..Thats what I love about you.

D.

• under74
    under74

SORRY SNG. NOW BACK TO THE SUBJECT...

• The Chuckler
    The Chuckler
    God is the reason we have a Bible. Keep the faith.

Welcome Don,

Isn't that circular reasoning?

God is the reason we have a Bible.

The Bible is the reason we have God.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Ah, the polite thread, good;

It would also be nice for someone, be they sweetscholar or whoever, to show that dendrochronolgy applied to bristlecones pines is unreliable, or that the almost universally acepted ranges of dates (and buildings) for ancient civilisations (and buildings) are in error. Both of these preclude the dates calculated for the Noachian flood from scripture as being accurate, or show that it was not a literal global event.

If these facts withstand rebuttal, then there is clear proof that the Bible is not a literal book and that it is unreliable as a chronological guide. The later fact alone would prove it was not inspired.

Gyles

• Satanus
    Satanus

Didn't the israelites recieve the circumcision tradition from egypt?

S

• gumby
    gumby
    I'm glad you agree with me that the circumcision thing is a strong type of proof. I red in a number of places that the 8th day after birth is not just "normal level" but the HIGHEST of the male's ENTIRE life.

So because the Israelites figured out the eighth day was a less bleeding day it means god guided them?

Remember the movie "Papillon" with Steve Mcqueen? He studied the waves in the ocean and figured out by counting WHICH wave would pull back out to sea instead going into the shore and planned his escape. Trial and error.

Is it really that miraculous that an Israelite figured out which day was best to circumcise? How many babies were guinna pigs for the 5th, 6th, and 7th day untill they figured it out?

Gumby

• EL_DON_GREGORIO
    EL_DON_GREGORIO

I was an apostate, which is why I am changing my wicked worldly ways. I have been away from the congregation since I was a teenager. After leaving I would openly speak out against the truth as many of you do now and I beg Jehovah God for his mercy and forgiveness because I was wrong and I am sorry to have spoken blasphemy. It is now that I am trying to find my way back to the light.

Over the years, my bad associations DID spoil useful habits. I am preparing myself to say my goodbyes to many people and things of the world that I always loved. It is not easy but I am ready and growing stronger. The teachings were ignored and no matter how many material possesions have come into my hands or how much success I have had, there was emptiness without Jehovah in my life. I can't go back and change things. I am far from perfect. I have sinned (and I mean SINNED) but that doesnt mean its too late to repent and be forgiven. He is a merciful God who has blessed me with so many gifts. And even if I didn't make it to paradise at least I would be serving our lord Jehovah God and not Satan.

I plan on rejoining the Creston Congregation in NYC that I left long ago. There are still some hypocrates in the congregation but that is just the state of our imperfect world and they are found in all congregations and all religious denominations. Some congregation members think of me as a worldly, liberal, cigarette smoking, vain, openly gay former witness and I am still in recovery. I'm sure that I will be shunned by some but I am going to put one foot in front of the other and march right into that kingdom Hall (hopefully with my mother who has stopped attending meetings). Naturally there will be gossip and whispering, but talk is cheap and I've dealt with bigger monsters before.

• under74
    under74

uh-oh

• Cori
    Cori

El Don

Welcome to the board. Im sorry to hear about your decision to return. It seems to me (and I'm assuming) that perhaps you had left the WTBTS the first time for the wrong reason, for everything you couldn't do. Guilt has taken over, and your only choice is to return to the fold. Consider what your doing carefully, especially since you recognize that you will not be treated kindly when you return. It takes time to realize the FDS are not truly inspired and are just running your life.

Good luck to you in whatever you decide...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit