For sweetscholar: Is there proof that the Bible is inspired by God?

by seattleniceguy 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TD
    TD

SNG

Babies are in a state of flux when they first get born. New to the world, eyes welded shut - no one is going to circumcise a newborn

You don't have any children, do you? (Humans are not puppies)

SS

the Dead Sea Scrolls indicate manuscripts 1000 years before Christ's birth, for the scroll of Isaiah.

When they were first discovered, there was quite a robust debate over the age of the Qumran documents that extended well into the 1950's. A handful of scholars thought that they were midieval in origin, while paleographic and other evidence clearly seemed to indicate an origin from the mid 3rd century BCE to the mid 1st centry CE.

In the 1990's, fragments from some of the scrolls were finally dated by C14. The Book of Isaiah scroll dated to between 335 BCE and 122 BCE; The Messianic Apocalypse to between 35 BCE and 59 CE; The Psalms Commentary to between 22 CE and 78 CE. and the Exodus Scroll to between 159 BCE and 16 CE

This makes the Isaiah scroll approximately 1000 years older than any previously known Hebrew manuscript of the Hebrew Bible, but that's not quite the same thing as dating to 1000 BCE. (The JW's believe Isaiah was originally written during the 8th century BCE)

• EL_DON_GREGORIO
    EL_DON_GREGORIO

And the Pagans at St. Simon Stock (Catholic) Church would act differently then the witnesses?

Ha. That place is gossip and fornication central (starting with child molester Father Ruben who is wanted by the police).

And the Pentecostals with their jumping into the spirit please let me run the demond out of you ways......

How about the Baptist hat competition down the street where the sisters gather by the dosens an hour early to get the dirt on Sister Geraldine and her lovelife, and rag on the sister who wore those same gold shoes two weeks ago. Dont forget those who arrive late and sit at the very front so that the congregation can count the ostrich feathers on their mae west inspired hats. (Actually I sometimes wish witnesses would wear fabulous hats for Jehovah on Sunday too)

I have visited many different churches and I'm not pleased with the trinity, saints or the blindness of congregation members.

I have found my way back to the truth Thank Jehovah!

• under74
    under74

El-Don--

please look at silentlambs.org

• Satanus
    Satanus

El don

The jw's have all those problems as well. If you are searching for light, you will not find it in human invented religions, churches, kingdom halls, bibles, or whatever. Even as there is light every day, shining from the sun, so there is the original light. Perhaps someone who has seen it can help you find it. But, you must go there by yourself.

S

• EL_DON_GREGORIO
    EL_DON_GREGORIO

Oh my goodness!

Father Esteban was right under Father Ruben in another child abuse case and they settled both.

But tell a parish member that this happened and they will tell you its all a lie.

They will also reassure you that the carmelite brothers have taken a vow of poverty

I went to that school and I know many people who still attend mass at the church.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

EL_DON_GREGORIO,

I hope you find delight in your decision. For me, hypocrisy of the people was not a big issue.

Hypocrisy of the organization is a big issue in my opinion. Jesus didn't criticize Nicodemus and Joseph as hypocrites. He criticized Pharisees as an organized group. When they are willing to disfellowship others for what they themselves do, that's a big issue. (Romans 2:1, 2)

Teachings that claim a Scriptural basis where there is none is a big issue in my opinion. There are only two sources of "spiritual" information. (1 John 4:1)

Claiming that the Governing Body as a group has authority over the Faithful and Discreet Slave as a class is a big issue, in my opinion. (Matthew 24:45-47)

Claiming that "paradise" is a Scriptural term that refers to earth is a big issue, in my opinion. The following are the only three times in the NT that the word "paradise" appears:

Luke 23:39-43 — But one of the hung evildoers began to say abusively to him: “You are the Christ, are you not? Save yourself and us.” In reply the other rebuked him and said: “Do you not fear God at all, now that you are in the same judgment? And we, indeed, justly so, for we are receiving in full what we deserve for things we did; but this [man] did nothing out of the way.” And he went on to say: “Jesus, remember me when you get into your kingdom.” And he said to him: “Truly I tell you today, You will be with me in Paradise.”
    2 Corinthians 12:1-7 — I have to boast. It is not beneficial; but I shall pass on to supernatural visions and revelations of [the] Lord. I know a man in union with Christ who, fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know; God knows—was caught away as such to the third heaven. Yes, I know such a man—whether in the body or apart from the body, I do not know, God knows—that he was caught away into paradise and heard unutterable words which it is not lawful for a man to speak. Over such a man I will boast, but I will not boast over myself, except as respects [my] weaknesses. For if I ever do want to boast, I shall not be unreasonable, for I shall say the truth. But I abstain, in order that no one should put to my credit more than what he sees I am or he hears from me, just because of the excess of the revelations.
    Revelation 2:5-7 — “‘Therefore remember from what you have fallen, and repent and do the former deeds. If you do not, I am coming to you, and I will remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent. Still, you do have this, that you hate the deeds of the sect of Nic·o·la´us, which I also hate. Let the one who has an ear hear what the spirit says to the congregations: To him that conquers I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.’”

Jesus said the evildoer would be "with him."

Paul said "the third heaven" corresponds to "paradise."

The Watchtower Bible and Tract society says that "'in the paradise of God,' yes, in the very presence of Jehovah himself, these overcomers who have been granted immortality will continue to live eternally, as symbolized here by their eating of the tree of life." (Revelation—Its Grand Climax at Hand! chap. 7 p. 37 paragraph 14

But the JWs actively teach that paradise is on earth. Tsk.

AuldSoul

• under74
    under74

"Father Esteban was right under Father Ruben in another child abuse case and they settled both.
    But tell a parish member that this happened and they will tell you its all a lie.
    They will also reassure you that the carmelite brothers have taken a vow of poverty
    I went to that school and I know many people who still attend mass at the church."

WOW...so you know what it's like to be raised a Jehovah's Witness.

WWW.silentlambs.org

• EL_DON_GREGORIO
    EL_DON_GREGORIO

There is hypocracy everywhere you go but I will remain a witness. Every witness wont go to paradise which means there are pagans,blasphemers,fornicators, heathens and others in disguise among us that we wont know of until armageddon.

That doesn't mean I should avoid the Kingdom Hall.

It means I should continue to make sure if things as I have.

Im still in awe about finding both parish priests on the silentlambs website!

• under74
    under74

GODDAMIT...sorry SNG. I know this isn;t the right place...after I've posted a couple times.
    SORRY.

• Cori
    Cori

El Don

If your not convinced by the scandals, then perhaps you may want to take a closer look at what they are teaching, and really find out if its the truth. But not by just taking their word for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit