I just had some fun with dubs at my door.

by JeffT 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Confession
    Confession

And for good reason, my friend. The Bible has this to say about liars...

Revelation 21:8

8 But as for the cowards and those without faith and those who are disgusting in their filth and murderers and fornicators and those practicing spiritism and idolaters and all the liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur. This means the second death.”

But, as I'm sure you know, the Watchtower Society has made clear that sometimes it's okay to lie. (Think Theocratic War Strategy.) Here we have a less cut and dried issue. The Society (while not blatantly condemning the Biblical stand) makes an "adjustment" to the clear Biblical teaching on lying. If the Society or its representatives urge you to lie about something, would you do so? Or would your own conscience possibly moderate it?

• defd
    defd

I knew you were going there. You have to admit there are times in the bible where Jehovah did not condemn them for lying and telling half truths. You had the Insight books right? The bible definition of a lie is pretty accurate in my book.

D.

• Confession
    Confession
    there are times in the bible where Jehovah did not condemn them for lying and telling half truths.

There are also times in the Bible in which Jehovah did not condemn individuals for killing and, yes, stealing. So, if the Society told you that there might be some circumstances in which you should kill and steal, would you do so?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I find most JWs are clueless to their own teachings, beyond the most basic level. Most do not like many of the teachings so they believe what they want.
    Few believe on JWs will be saved at armageddon, few believe Jesus is not their mediator. The Watchtower keeps their doctrinal statements sufficiently vague these days so the average skim reading dub never even finds out. Finally realised the value of being politically correct rather then bluntly truthful.

• defd
    defd

There are also times in the Bible in which Jehovah did not condemn individuals for killing and, yes, stealing. ; So, if the Society told you that there might be some circumstances in which you should kill and steal, would you do so?

I wouild have to cross that bridge when it comes.

D.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    I wouild have to cross that bridge when it comes.

That is interesting. If you are willing to consider lying and killing at the command of a book publishing company, then how can you judge anyone else for lying or killing, whether for their own reasons or for their country?

S

• defd
    defd

I wouldnt kill for a book publishing company. I said I would have to cross that bridge when it came thats all. Killing is wrong in Jehovahs eyes. Going to war is wrong in His eyes. I would not do that.

D.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    I wouldnt kill for a book publishing company. I said I would have to cross that bridge when it came thats all.

So, you decided to cross the bridge early.

Killing is wrong in Jehovahs eyes. Going to war is wrong in His eyes.

Oh come on, the bible contains many of his commands to kill and to go to war. Additionally, it depicts jehovah as being on the verge of commiting the large massacre ever.

I would not do that.

That is funny, cuz people tend to imitate their gods.

S

• Confession
    Confession

Def'd, thanks for your frank answer to my question. Clearly it's a tough one. You know the WTS is not perfect, yet you still want to believe that it is God's channel. I certainly can relate. When originally finding a number of troubling things when conducting research into this organization, the question continued to pop into my head: "Well if not Jehovah's Witnesses, then who DOES have the truth?"

It was then that I found Tom Cabeen's remarkably well written treatise entitled, "Does God Work Through an Organization?" I invite you to consider the well-documented Biblical evidence that this idea so firmly planted in the JW mind, does not have the foundation you may think...

http://www.brci.org/Attachments/Org.pdf

• JeffT
    JeffT

“So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the mediator only for anointed Christians…The ‘great crowd’ of ‘other sheep’ that is forming today is not in that new covenant. However by associating with the ‘little flock’ of those yet in that covenant they come under the benefits that flow from that new covenant.” WT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit