January 15 WT : Beware of Apostasy

by truthseeker 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Well, people *did* "question" the kool-aid. People resisted. They were shot. They were forcefed. They had their bones broken.

How about the people who question the WTS?

They resisted, they were declared dead to God (and to his earthly organization....gag)

They had their spirit, their families and their friends broken.

Pretty close comparison, eh?

Annie

• Truth.Seeker
    Truth.Seeker

I think that God Jehovah will be bringing a chosen one to go up to the WTS, like in the old testament days, and pronounce judgement against them for misleading the flock and abusing their power. And their hearts will be hardened and they will increase their grip on the flock and then, well...you know how the story goes. (imho)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Naaaah. I think the uprising will be more along the lines of a grass-roots quiet rebellion more along the lines of Rosa Parks. Someone will say, "I'm tired, my feet hurt, and I'M NOT GIVING UP MY SEAT." or

NO MORE VOLUNTARY DONATIONS

SCRATCH THE xxxx TIME CARD

I'M GETTING A PENSION PLAN

MY CHILDREN ARE GOING TO COLLEGE

HECK YEAH, MY PREGNANT WIFE IS TAKING A TRANSFUSION

SKIP THE MEETING, WE'RE GOING TO A MOVIE

• oldflame
    oldflame

As I have said in the past, Apostasy is someone who leaves God and "NOT" a religion or organisation. Now I suppose since Adam and eve are considered Apostates they do not study or read Genesis, as it was stated in the Watchtower article that they should not study from those who are Apostates.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    The JW's on this DB will now have to decide where they stand, and if they are prepared to accept the Watchtower's interpretation of apostasy, and continue or discontinue contributing to this DB.

To paraphrase a famous author: "ah, there's the rub." Just for fun, let's follow this back a bit, shall we? So, if John or Josie Q. Publisher are sitting at the Kingdom Hall, and have the slightest disagreement, in their thoughts, with the "official stance", then they have apostasized.......referencing Jesus' comment on adultery......in their hearts. Are we willing to allow the WTS to become our "thought policemen", then? Where does the allegiance to such a controlling organization stop?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Where does the allegiance to such a controlling organization stop?

By the same token, where does the foolishness and the ridiculous (proven false) doctrines and teachings begin OR end, when the WTS demands total obedience and loyalty of its subjects under penalty of (what they call) the spiritual death and separation from God, of those who disagree with them?

If someone has told you 100 lies and claimed they were "food from God" over the years....and they yet again changed their "views" once again for the 101st time....would they even DESERVE to be taken seriously?

HOW do they reasonably expect ones to show ANY allegiance to them, OR to knuckle under to their control? Their pitiful history shows that they have lost any credibility or displayed any integrity that they demand in their followers.

If JWs are smart enough to now begin to figure out that something "ain't right here", the WTS has only itself to blame. Independent thinking will become more and more prevalent in the days ahead, thanks to the internet!

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

I am a network engineer. The worst way to hurt the WT is to post to all the newsgroups you can access from your ISP. Email everyone on your list and ask them to do the same. Scan and email local articles on WT child abuse. Park outside a KH with a big red sign warning everyone that they harbor child molesters. Guaranteed to attract the neighbors and local news media, possibly the police if the *sshole elders call them. BAD publicity for the JW KH, right? The Internet is the "great equalizer", just like a gun was years ago and still is. But any weapon is only good if used. Thank you Danny Hazzard (sp? sorry) for all that you do, as well as Randy. I am writing a book about my 9 year old child's rape. I first got a BA in Psychology so that I'd be taken seriously. I also maintained a GPA of 4.0. Work every angle. Ask the local "community cable channel" to allow you access and tell your story. The only things I see bringing the WT down is enough lawsuits to bankrupt them and enough airing of their dirty laundry and bad publicity. No one can survive what they've done if it all came out. We outnumber them. We don't need millions of dollars. We have computers, our TRUE stories, and the fact that many householders hate JW's anyway. If they knew more about the dirt, they'd stone them in the street. It happened in the past just for not saluting the flag. What do you think they'd do if they knew about the child abuse?? We can win if we all use the tools we have. Good luck to all. M.A.N. from Silent Lambs.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    No one can survive what they've done if it all came out. We outnumber them. We don't need millions of dollars. We have computers, our TRUE stories, and the fact that many householders hate JW's anyway. If they knew more about the dirt, they'd stone them in the street. It happened in the past just for not saluting the flag. What do you think they'd do if they knew about the child abuse?? We can win if we all use the tools we have. Good luck to all. M.A.N. from Silent Lambs.

Roger that mate-No truer words spoken or posted

• sf
    sf
    What do you think they'd do if they knew about the child abuse?? We can win if we all use the tools we have.

Exactly. And each one of us has tools that perhaps others do not. So we share the tasks accordingly.

THAT is the Greatest Tool of all, as I see it.

Some of my tools:

my...

voice, printer, wits, humor, photo-memory, detail-oriented, can walk long distances, placing fliers all over town, questioning/ discussing issues re: WTBTS on phone WITH WTBTS, mass emailing to reps, congress, senators, media, etc., bringing it up as topic as often as possible in public outlets, engaging jws whenever possible and probable, calling into various programs featuring jw/ wtbts as topic, writing letters-to-the-editor, posting in areas on the net where jws are subject/ topic, basically informing the coomunity in as many ways as I can think of that doesn't draw too much attention on me, yet focuses on my mission {passion}...

You get the idea. There are other 'things' I do that I will not post about. It would defeat my purpose. And frankly, I work better covertly. [ HI TED!! LOLOLOL ]

Even if you only do just one thing...mail your opinion to a newspaper, send an email to your governor, make fliers and place them all over town...do SOMETHING! It's a great feeling to know you ARE making a difference. That will be evident, someday. And I've got a bottle of Spumonti waiting!

sKally

• integ
    integ

I am very disappointed that the "society" continues to flourish despite all the info available about them on the net. The Kingdom Hall parking lot where I live is packed like never before. You never see any new people, but all the same, it's truly disappointing. I see no evidence of any decline in membership (maybe a little), but overall things seem to be going right along as ever. I was wrong apparently, when I predicted that the house of cards was falling at a rapid pace. The CO comes to town and everybody shows up like it's the premeire of Star Wars 4. I do not attribute this to them having the "truth" or anything, but simply to the fact that the Watchtower knows what the hell they're doing. I will not make the mistake of underestimating them.

They are NOT going down anytime soon. I hate to sound defeatest, but all this info about the society has been out on the web and so on, for a number of years and these guys are still thriving like never before. What is REALLY going to change that? The UN scandal didn't make a dent. The pedophile issue had virtually NO effect. Trying to bring them down is a waste of time. The only hope is that somehow real "TRUTH" will prevail.

I am not "giving up" the fight, but the hard reality we have to face is that the WTBS is not going ANYWHERE. They are extremely strong financially, legally, and otherwise, and they are just getting stronger. They know what the hell they are doing. I truly see no hope in sight for their demise. I'm sick of having a pollyanna attitude that "oh.. once this info gets out the Watchtower is in real trouble" They aren't in jack squat. They are as strong as ever. Nothing can stop them. We all can do our little things that peck away at them, but I believe at this point it's just a waste of time. I'm sick of fighting it. We should all just let it go and let God take care of things. It doesn't matter what happens. The entire governing body could admit on live TV that they rape young boys and steal on a regular basis, and sit around together and have circle jerks, and it STILL WOULDN'T MATTER. The hall would still be packed come Sunday. I think this is the reality we face.

Just drive by the kingdom hall next Sunday during meeting time, and see how much of an effect the internet is having. I HATE IT, but that is what I see. I wish I could see some light and the end of the tunnel, but the "flock' is just too damn stubborn and stupid!

Thanks,

Integ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit