Called on by an Elder !

by Gordy 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gordy
    Gordy

I was at home this Sunday afternoon, when there was a knock at the door. My son Dan answered it, I heard him talking to someone for a couple of minutes.

He came into me and said it was a JW Elder by the name of Paul. The only one I knew by that name was Presiding Overseer when I left 6 years ago.

He was asking to see my oldest son Jon. Dan told him that he was now married and no longer lived here.

He told the elder that I was in, if he wanted to talk to me. But the elder said no, and that someone else would come and see me??

Its been 4 years since any elder called on me, and it took them 2 years to do that.

Are they on another campaign to get people back in or what?

Its not as if they wouldn't know my position on them, I'm DA'd, and have been active in speaking about them, and a Born Again Christian.

I'm in two minds whether to open the door to them or not if they call. Not sure how I would react.

• skyman
    skyman

Boy this sounds weird unless your boy is DF'd. If he is then they are only doing what they are told to do that is visit all the DF'd person locally and ask them if they want back in and then let the DF'd person know they are welcome to come back.

• Gordy
    Gordy

skyman

My son is DA'd. He is 30 yrs old by the way.

In fact he DA'd before I did. and this would be the first time an elder has visited him in 6 years.

Also like me he is a Born Again Christian.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Gordy,

I don't think I could pass up such a choice opportunity to explain why I won't be going back. But, I'm sure you will make the right decision for you.

AuldSoul

• skyman
    skyman

The C.O. checks up on the Congregations and asks why they haven't been in touch with DF'd persons locally. If they have not been in touch then he reminds them it time to do so. I bet this is all it is. Also they assign each Elder different name, so that is why the Elder that called and asked about your son did not want to talk to you.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

LOL.... so they will only talk to the people they are assigned to. Wow real honest to goodness love there isn't it. He obviously doesn't want to have to do more then he has to.

All the best to you Gordy and your son. I'm glad they didn't rob you of your faith.

• garybuss
    garybuss

If some elder was beating on my door looking for my kids, I'd be standing on HIS doorstep tonight about midnight beating on HIS door and asking for HIS kids.

• skyman
    skyman
    If some elder was beating on my door looking for my kids, I'd be standing on HIS doorstep tonight about midnight beating on HIS door and asking for HIS kids.&nbsp

;
    THAT IS SO GOOD garybus. You made me laugh thanks

• Gordy
    Gordy

Yeah good idea Gary.

Maybe knock on his door ask for his kids, then ask them why are they still a cult.

Yeah come to think of it I did hear they had a CO visit last month. Maybe he has had a go at them for not doing enough "shepherding". I know they had a bad reputation among the congregation for it.

But its probably not through any concern for my "spiritual welfare" its more likely because numbers are down.

Can't get any new ones to join, so go out and get the ones who left back in.

• garybuss
    garybuss

And if the elder answered the door, I'd tell him I don't want to talk to him. I'd tell him, TWO OTHER GUYS will be coming LATER to call on him.

Let's see how HE likes it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit