yet another newbie

by walkaway 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hi Walkaway,

Great to have you here. If you have been lurking for a while I imagine you are already aware the the WTS does not represent truth. I hope being here can help you move on in your life without too much turmoil. It is always going to be difficult if your father is PO and you are baptised, but ask away and I am sure someone will have advise here to greatly help you on your way.

• bythesea
    bythesea

Welcome Walkaway! Good for you for having the courage to express yourself and your doubts. I'm still officially "in" also, but have been working on fading since the first of this year....like you, I also am from a now 5 generation dynasty of JW's, so I know where you're coming from on that score!! But, you will learn a lot here on JWD, it will help to clarify your feelings and I hope we hear from you often. I recommend the "Best of...," features...VERY good reading and so informative!

Bythesea

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Welcome walkaway!
    The path to mental freedom is challenging but beautiful. Sounds like you are well on your way. Congratulations for doing what few can.
    SNG

• Bryan
    Bryan

Welcome Walkaway!

Looking forward to hearing more of your story!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Welcome Walkaway!

I am still "in" the org, still serving "faithfully" in the hall that i grew up in. My father is the PO and i am part somewhat of a dynasty, with all my extended family being witnesses.

-same here, and I can relate....

Glad you decided to show up and have some fun....

Enlightenment is a beautiful thing....FreedomLover

so what articles in the past few years have bothered you????? wait let me guess- "education" articles!?

• walkaway
    walkaway

gary i was present for a conversation with the bones of it being to get the brothers to open up their wallets a bit more. it disgusted me , i wasn't myself for a few days after hearing this. and as regards my other comment, what i was trying to say (obviously not very well) was that you should never see something you are supposed to love/be in awe/be scared of too closely, purely because you are only going to be disappointed. to be honest with you, i think it was probably the way i had viewed the society before hand, and the money grabbing commercial side was just never seen by me before thanks everyone for the warm welcome, i look forward to getting more involved as time goes on, if i am a bit coy, i hope you'll understand that i am just protecting myself, just in case. you never know who is reading these things

• Golf
    Golf

Walkaway, greetings and welcome. Hmmmmmm 'evil' college you say. You'll fit in fine here, enjoy.

Golf

• Ellie
    Ellie

Welcome Walkaway

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to the board, Walkaway.

Cellist

• garybuss
    garybuss

Thanks Walkaway,
    I have seen the greed for money since I was a kid in the 50's. My dad was a *company* man and he handled the money at the circuit level and later on a district level. I saw a lot. The Watch Tower Society is a good old boy's club. Positions are rewards for cash donations and gifts. You show me a Witness who seems to get away with murder and the elders and CO just wink, and I'll show ya a large contributor.

The system encourages unscrupulous behavior. It's a business with people in positions of power who are not accountable to anyone. That's a recipe for abuse.

My story is on the link below. I'm well past the stage of having to hide my identity from a book printing business:-)

For conscientious cussedness on the grand scale, no other aggregation of Americans is a match for Jehovah’s Witnesses. Stanley High, The Saturday Evening Post, September 14, 1940 The Way I See it http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit