Simon, I challenge you to watch "Winning Iraq: The untold Story".

by hubert 28 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert
    We see "ALL THE GOOD" every day. Here's an example of some of "ALL THAT GOOD" in today's headlines: Bomb Kills 10 Marines, Wounds 11 in Iraq .

As soon as I saw this today, I knew it would come up soon. This is what I meant, no good news is reported. Is it better to leave Iraq and have all these good Marines die in vain? Don't get me wrong, I feel just as bad as you for this happening, but if we get out now, it would be just like how we left vietnam. If we leave again, before the new Iraq government can take over, we would never be able to fight terrorism again. No one would ever believe we would be in it for the long haul. You can't just leave. It would be all for nothing, and all those that have died fighting against oppression and terrorism, would have died for nothing.

And don't try to tell me that Saddam wasn't working on trying to aquire nuclear weapons. If he had them, he would probably use them on Israel, or at the least, blackmail the rest of the world with them. You can't invade and oust a cruel terrorist minded government when they have a nuclear weapon pointed at you. Should we have waited until he had them? I think not.

Hubert

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

The soldiers that FOX news is "interviewing" are no doubt scripted. I guaranty you, they (FOX new et al.) don't want to air the interviews of unscripted soldiers and their thoughts on this war and all the "good" that is coming out of it.

My husband is a very gregarious person and a lot of fun to be around. He has a great sense of humor and my greatest fear is that this war (he is currently serving there) will change his perspective and hence his personality. That will be the greatest tragedy in my opinion.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Sadly, there is absolutely ZERO chance of finding out what's really going on, in Iraq or anywhere else. We're at the mercy of the sources we have, and our limited knowledge of their likely biases.

Fortunately, someday it will get written into a history book and then kids will be taught what "really" happened.

It should make for interesting reading, at least...

Dave

• searcher
    searcher

The way to arrive at a full understanding of the Truth™ is to only read the Approved Publications™.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

The following link is a good exposé on the state of the American news media. It is a little annoying but it gets it point across.

http://www.planetquo.com/Who-Rules-America-

Will

• oldflame
    oldflame

I too also believe that the soldiers interviewed were prescreened as all of those at any conference, where bush is speaking are prescreened. That is his way man. He can't handle being asked questions that might put his ass on a string. I will say this as a veteran of the armed forces myself that I respect all of you soldiers for your lives that you give for our country. But I also know as a veteran that none of you have any choice in what you are doing.

Your commander in chief lied to you and he lied to us. I'm not saying Saddam was a nice guy, hell no, he was a cruel, mean and nasty dictator. I don't think he would of had the balls though to threaten us with weapons of mass destruction because he knew we would clean his clock if he did. I really don't think Saddam was that stupid or brave for that matter.

As I understand we the USA sold Saddam those agents so he could make those weapons he used on the Kurds. I also understand that he asked permission to attack the Kurds and it was given him permission.

As far as news stations goes Fox has thier fax machine tied right into the White House fax machine and they pretty much only tell what and how the White House tells them too. Bush is very controlling. I feel sorry for his wife as I would just bet he is somewhat abusive to her.

I am at a loss however on if we should cut and run or stay, I feel if we leave now it will create bigger problems than there are right now, but I also think that the insurgents are there because we are there and if we leave they will leave too. (MAYBE) That is going to be a hard decision to make but whatever they decide I hope nothing but good from it. Bush needs to do something right for a change as he has done absolutley nothing right since being in office except show Americans and the world just how corrupt government can be.

• hubert
    hubert
    I'm not saying Saddam was a nice guy, hell no, he was a cruel, mean and nasty dictator. I don't think he would of had the balls though to threaten us with weapons of mass destruction because he knew we would clean his clock if he did. I really don't think Saddam was that stupid or brave for that matter.

I kind of disagree with this, because Saddam was stupid enough to invade Kuwait.

I also think he might have invaded Saudi Arabia, if we didn't stop him. (Here comes the oil argument). That's a whole different story.

Penwell.... The link wouldn't come up. Is there another link for this site?

Hubert

• under74
    under74
    I kind of disagree with this, because Saddam was stupid enough to invade Kuwait.

But that was years ago. He didn't do anything this time around. You think he wou;d have done that again?

PS- It's Fox News Hubert! I don't even think they have editors there.

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

If I may jump into the fray...
    Hubert,

It's clear that Saddam posed no threat to the US , which was the only rational justification for an offensive invasion of another country. Sure, it's easy to say that now in hindsight, but do you remember when the entire world was urging more time for inspections? Initially I felt some sort of intervention was warranted (after inspections confirmed what was touted) since our government was absotively certain he was cooking up tons and tons of weapons. But now that the truth of the matter has become clear, and Bush's pre-war maneuverings highly suspect.

Secondly, the people of - as dissatisfied as they were - were not so discontent that they organized a substantial rebellion. It's easy for us to have a cultural disconnect being thousands of miles removed, but in Saddam’s own sadistic way, he kept rivals in check and kept a relative order. Compare that to the civil war that's brewing now, and is almost certain to explode as the withdraws. If the civilian population did not see fit to revolt then, why are we to fighting their (apparently unwanted) battle for them? The fact remains, despite everything, most Iraqi's want the the hell out of their country.

Lastly, imagine if all the resources poured into were instead poured into , and within the . Instead of a hardened, sophisticated terrorist breeding ground (Iraq), they would merely be a harmless, discontented populace, uninspired to change their lot.

Sure I agree would we need to stay a little longer to see if we can salvage something, but in the process more needless American and Iraqi deaths will occur all because an illegitimate war was launched on a society ill prepared or motivated to change.

I suspect is set to unravel as Bush yields to pressure to get the hell out cuz we're not making progress. I think right now is "as good as it gets", soon to be followed by a sustained shoot-n-bomb civil blood-fest that will cause Americans even more shame for electing this moron of a President.

Simon, what's up with the editing problems?

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Wow, the words "US" Afghanistan and Iraq didn't made it into my post!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit