Simon, I challenge you to watch "Winning Iraq: The untold Story".

by hubert 28 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

Unfortunately, because you live in the U.K., you may not have access to this. But, if you do, then I think you and every one here should watch it, also, whether you are for, or against us being in Iraq.

Fox news channel, Saturday, December 3, '05, at 9 p.m. (ch. 46) in New England on Cox cable.

News correspondent Greg Palkot reports on Iraq's political landscape.

Soldiers in Iraq tell about all the GOOD things accomplished, because of our troops being there.

It might help you see the light as to why we are there, and see ALL THE GOOD that is coming out of this war on terror.

Most other news reporters, so I am told, stay in the "safe zone" in Baghdad, and only report what the generals say when they have news conferences. Greg and his staff go out and talk with the troops, and report on all the GOOD things that other news channels don't tell you.

Maybe it will make you realize why we are there, and that we NEED to be there, to see this to through, instead of cutting and running, like you and others want us to do.

Oh, by the way, Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. He used it on the kurds, in the first Iraq war....... GAS !!!!

Okay, I'm sure I stirred up a lot of sh"t, but now you know my position, and I'm not a "war monger", even if I have a p-38 lightning for my avatar. I just like ww2 fighter planes.

Oh, and please don't kick me off the forum for disagreeing with your point of view. I really love this place, and the way you run it, too. I have held this in for a long time, and I felt it was finally time to speak up.

Okay, let me have it !! Don't forget to watch the show tomorrow night, if you can.

I can tape it, and send it to you, if you like.

Hubert

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Fox news channel

Need I say more? Oh right, it's supposedly fair and balanced TM .

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Fox news channel

Need I say more? Oh right, it's supposedly fair and balanced TM .

hmmm, right.... just like CNN is "the most trusted name in news" .... maybe half the story, the other half seldom gets reported.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

hurbet: Oh, by the way, Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. He used it on the kurds, in the first Iraq war....... GAS

No, he didn't. The Kurds were gassed earlier. Gas was not used in the first war in Iraq. Both the United States and Britain agree that there are NO WMD. They now use a different defence as to the reasons they went to war.

steve

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Hubert: You seem to be a real nice person...and that is why you have fallen victim to newscasters over on Fox! #1---Bush's cousin is head of the network...don't you find that a little odd as they are so pro-Bush. #2-Are you hearing the news that soldiers are being paid off over there to give pro/Bush/American accounts to the newspapers to publish? I think it's about to hit the fan and a ton of dirt is about to come out...I hope you don't continue to be mislead by the guys at Fox...change the channel!

Swalker (not in to pretending to see the emporer's new clothes)

• hubert
    hubert
    The Kurds were gassed earlier. Gas was not used in the first war in Iraq. Both the United States and Britain agree that there are NO WMD. They now use a different defence as to the reasons they went to war.

Stevenc, Let me jar my memory a little. In 1990? when Saddam lost the war with the older President Bush, we let Saddams' army keep a few helicopters. With these few helicopters, Saddam Gassed the villages of the Kurds, Men, women, and children, who were going to mass against him. Remember those pictures?

Swalker, thanks for the compliment. I'm not saying Fox news is perfect. None of them are, in my opinion.

Hubert

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Sorry mate, but your dates are a bit wrong. Hussein launched chemical attacks against 40 Kurdish villages and thousands of innocent civilians in 1987-88, using them as testing grounds. The worst of these attacks devastated the city of Halabja on March 16, 1988.

steve

• hubert
    hubert

Stevenc....I think we are both right. I'll have to check into this, to see for myself. Thanks for that info. But, this proves my statement....Gas = weapon of mass destruction...Saddam had it.

Point taken.

Hubert

Soldiers in Iraq tell about all the GOOD things accomplished, because of our troops being there
    And that has very little credibility, inasmuch as soldiers are soldiers, and, as such, they do not enjoy real freedom of speech.
    It might help you see the light as to why we are there, and see ALL THE GOOD that is coming out of this war on terror.

We see "ALL THE GOOD" every day. Here's an example of some of "ALL THAT GOOD" in today's headlines: Bomb Kills 10 Marines, Wounds 11 in Iraq . The death toll for the US in Iraq will soon exceed the numbers killed by the terrorists during 9/11. I bet the injury rate has already done so. What about our soldiers when they return, after having experienced the horrors of Iraq? Remember all the Vietnam vets that went crazy when they returned? We'll have lots more of that. We're going to pay for this foolish war for many years to come.
    Most other news reporters, so I am told, stay in the "safe zone" in Baghdad, and only report what the generals say when they have news conferences. Greg and his staff go out and talk with the troops, and report on all the GOOD things that other news channels don't tell you.

Balanced reporting requires reporting of the BAD things associated with war as well. But King Bush has done a good job of trying to prevent American media from reporting the truth to the public. For example, he's banned the photographing of American caskets being returned home. He doesn't want us to see the realities of the Pandora's Box this village idiot chose to open.

Oh, by the way, Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. He used it on the kurds, in the first Iraq war....... GAS !!!!

Nuclear weapons are not only possessed by North Korea, but missiles carrying them are alleged to be pointed at the US, and their leadership has threatened to use them against us. Of course, we no longer have the capability to scare North Korea, as they are smart enough to know that our military is stretched too thin right now thanks to the village idiot who is commander in chief.

Oh, and please don't kick me off the forum for disagreeing with your point of view. I really love this place, and the way you run it, too. I have held this in for a long time, and I felt it was finally time to speak up.

If you really "love this place, and the way [Simon] runs it," you wouldn't implicitly accuse Simon of kicking people who don't agree with him off the forum.
  • hubert
    hubert

I found some articles on it, Stevenc. You are right.

http://www.phrusa.org/research/chemical_weapons/chemiraqgas2.html

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit