Shocking News!

by Blueblades 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

What was the most shocking news you have ever heard ?

For example: JFK ASSASSINATED IN DALLAS!

ELVIS FOUND DEAD IN BATHROOM!

JOHN LENNON SHOT DEAD!

PLANE CRASHES INTO WORLD TRADE CENTER!

WATCHTOWER NOT GOD'S ORGANIZATION, MILLIONS LEAVE!

SEX IN THE WHITEHOUSE!

WITH TONGUE IN CHEEK, MINIMUS RUNS OUT OF QUESTIONS!

Blueblades

• JH
    JH

The JW 70 to 80 year generation became nul and void back in 1995.

• hubert
    hubert

TOILET RUNS OVER !!!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Coming home and discovering water flowing out the front door.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

The news last Spring---that my only sister, (never a JW but who disowned me when I got baptized as one in 1972) asked my son for my email address so she could write to me and hopefully reconcile with me.

It doesn't get any better that THAT!!

Annie

• Poztate
    Poztate
    What was the most shocking news you have ever heard ?

For example: JFK ASSASSINATED IN DALLAS!

That was the most shocking thing that I ever heard. It was shocking to me because at the time I was a high school student. I believed the world to be a very safe and stable place...not too bright I know Our teacher came into the room and wrote on the black board that JFK had been assassinated.The room was in shock and the class was let out of school early. We were Canadian kids...I can only imagine the reaction of American youth.

Since then events like 9/11 have happened but I did not have the same sense of shock even though the event was larger and more devastating in scope. I thing it depends on your age and where you are located in the world. eg...Japan WW 2 Hiroshima...

• Mulan
    Mulan

PLANE CRASHES INTO WORLD TRADE CENTER!

That was the worst one. JFK's assassination was also really horrible, but 9/11 tops them all.

• prophecor
    prophecor

8:46 AM Tuesday, September 11, 2001 It Has Completely Changed The World Forever Period

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

PROMISED LAND NOT SO GREAT! WORLD'S RELIGIONS SHOCKED.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

911 was very shocking but for me personally two of the most shocking things that ever happened to me were as follows:

1) When I was about 12 or so on a Saturday morning I was a little late to wake up. I was curious to where everyone was because my mother, father and sister were no where to be found. The telephone rang and I rushed to be the first to answer it (out of habbit I guess because the only one to beat me to the punch could have been my grandmother with everyone else being gone). My grandmother had already answered so instead of haning up I listened in. The call was for my mother but my grandmother informed the caller that something had happened to my father early that morning and the entire family with the exception of the two of us were at the hospital. No one was shure what was wrong but they suspected a heart attack. I couldnt believe my ears. All I could think of to do was run away. I got on my bike and peddeled around town all day. I didn't ever want to come home.

2) Two and one half years ago my wife had just given birth to our twins. It was the morning after the delivery and we were both exhausted (OK, her a little more than myself). I decided to go home for a quick shower. She didn't want me to leave but I assured her that I would be back momentarily. No sooner did I get home and out of the shower then the telephone ringed. I picked up the phone to a strange voice asking "Is this Mr. Xxxxx?" "Yes", I replied. "Your wife has had a series of seizures and has been moved from the maternity ward to intensive care. You should come back to the hospital as soon as possible". Well, needless to say I rushed to the hospital as fast as I possibly could. To make the situation even worse, my car was totally out of fuel. I had to stop at a petrol station to put some in or I would have been on the side ot the road hitch hiking. It has never taken so long to put a few dollars of fuel into a vehicle before in my life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit