JWs are also in the dark regarding the true meaning of Sheol/Hades.

by Schizm 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Schizm
    Schizm

The Watchtower Society explains "hades" as being "the common grave of mankind". Christendom's understanding of "hades" is, for the most part, quite different than that of the Watchtower Society. The one similarity between the two beliefs is that In both cases "hades" is considered to be a LITERAL place.

The truth of the matter is that neither the Watchtower Society or Christendom has a correct understanding of the terms "hades". Not understanding the true meaning of "hades" has given birth to a pair of completely inaccurate applications when it comes to explaining the parable of "the rich man and Lazarus" of Luke 16. Neither the Watchtower Society nor Christendom has a clear and accurate concept of what that parable is all about. And isn't that truly sad? What is even more sad is that when the leaders themselves don't know the truth of a matter such as this, then, as a rule, neither do the millions-upon-millions of persons who depend upon such leaders.

Several years ago I undertook an in-depth study regarding the subject of sheol / hades. I don't know how I did it, unless it was due to the help of the holy spirit, but I happened upon what I believe to be the true meaning of these terms. I'm actually satisfied that I am now able to really understand what Jesus was getting at when he related the story of the rich man and Lazarus.

Well, considering the fact that we're taught we "must" love our neighbor (and especially our spiritual brothers) I felt it my obligation to present my findings to the writers at Watchtower Headquarters in Brooklyn. To my dismay it resulted in absolutely nothing. "Did they merely throw the written document I sent them in the trash," I wondered. "Perhaps I failed to present the information clearly enough," I wondered. If the problem was the latter, although I doubt it, then maybe I'll get around to re-writing it and send it to them again. I do want to make sure that the fault doesn't lie with me. I truly don't think it's a case of them being stubborn, or being unwilling to consider what I had to say on the subject.

Anyway, if there is anyone in the whole-wide-world (including you lurkers) who reads this post that would appreciate hearing about what I've learned regarding the meaning of "hades" -- if there is anyone here who yearns for the truth regarding this subject -- I will try my best to find the time to re-produce here the document I sent to the Watchtower Society several years ago. (Since my scanner is on the blink, I would have to re-type it all in order to post it here.)

Let your wishes be made known, and I'll see what I can do.

Schizm (of the "know it all" class)

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

I'd like to know your opinion please, schizm.

Bull!

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Schism, I'm interested as well.

• belbab
    belbab

Schism,

I would definitly like to read and study your article.

I would like to compare it with my own conclusions.

If you do not have the time to retype can't scan it, then could you give a brief summary of it. Or is it one of those subjects that is impossible to put in a few words.?

belbab

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I'm game. Sounds interesting

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

If you don't mind receiving some constructive criticism of it....

• Schizm
    Schizm

Leolaia,

If you don't mind receiving some constructive criticism of it....

Please do. It may need some minor refinement without my being aware of it, but I don't think so.

I'm curious to know who the person is in you avatar. Is that you as a child, or is it perhaps your grand daughter?

• Schizm
    Schizm

To all of you who have expressed an interest in the subject of "hades":

I went to my filing cabinet just now and located the document which I sent to the WTS in February 1996, and will be post it as soon as possible. It will likely take me a few days. Counting the introductory letter page, it amounts to slightly over 14 pages in all.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    To all of you who have expressed an interest in the subject of "hades":

I went to my filing cabinet just now and located the document which I sent to the WTS in February 1996, and will be post it as soon as possible. It will likely take me a few days. Counting the introductory letter page, it amounts to slightly over 14 pages in all.

I am looking forward to studying it in detail.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Yes please.

If you were really guided by Holy Spirit then why don't you start a religion, you could be worth billions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit