Great life moments

by greendawn 15 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

What were some major achievements in your life that made you feel proud, boosted your ego and intensified your sense of self esteem?

Perhaps acquiring a university degree, getting a good job, saving someone's life etc

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Getting a post-graduate degree from an Ivy League University

• greendawn
    greendawn

So Stilla was it a Masters or PhD and in what subject?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

when I got my fashion design degree

when I became a senior patternmaker at Levi's and my salary jumped to $54,000

when I married my husband

each time I birthed one of my children (4 times!! )

when I packed up and drove cross country from California with 3 kids in the van (felt like superwoman)

when I went to the aid of a woman who had just been hit by a car

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

mrsjones5:

I birthed one of my children (4 times!! )

You gave birth to one child 4 times - wow ! That must be some kind of record ! lol!

1) Becoming a Dad.

2) Making a childhood dream a reality - owning and riding a Honda Goldwing.

3) Passing my IT certifications

Bull!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

lol I think you missed the "each" my dear

youre so funny *giggle*

• greendawn
    greendawn

Mrsjones you drove across the USA, was that a long trip over many weeks? I love such trips where you can see many places and people. I once spent seven months travelling around Europe.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

we drove from California to Indiana in four days. On the last day we drove for 22 hours. This was a job transfer for my husband and we had to be in Indiana by a certain date for him to start work. I wish we could have taken our time but we plan to do it again next summer at a more leisurely pace.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's quite an achievement, I hear on the American highways there are low speed limits though they are made for speed.

In the UK the highway speed limit is at 70 MPH (and up to 80 MPH you don't get booked). In France/Italy it is 80MPH.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

When I first read the title, I was going to post of a moment just now: my cat sleeping on my lap, one final presentation just finished this morning, and one more final exam to go, looking out the window at the fresh clean snow, and starting to study. That was nice.

But overall life: I remember driving with my car full of everything I owned, driving to move off to a university town, 4 hours away from home, and knowing I didn't have to go to meetings anymore. I was so proud of myself because for years I wanted to leave the JWs and go to school, but was too scared. I finally was doing it, and everything in the world seemed possible. (Funny how moving and driving are great moments for many of us.)

Also, when my husband and I had just gotten married x2 months, and we had packed up and were moving out of state. The best moment was driving up the entrance ramp to the highway, and again that feeling of "We're outta here, and anything is possible" came over me.

Presenting my master's research proposal a few months ago, it was a great job, and I knew the answers to curve ball questions that the professors threw out. Felt like I was walking on air when I left the meeting, so I went out and bought myself a hot dog with everything on it, and went on a little shopping spree for myself.

When I cleaned my whole house because my mom and sister were coming up to see it for the first time, my first (and only) owned home. They were really proud of me, and my mom was actually happy for once, with no JW things on her mind. I could tell she was proud.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit