It's snowing in Seattle!!

by Mulan 27 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

The ice cold beer is evaporating in the glass here.The warm Central Otago breeze is ruffling my blonde locks and I'm going to have to strip to my shorts just to cope.What I would give for a bit of snow so I can go inside and snuggle up in bed.

• Sassy
    Sassy

No snow here in Cali.. (lol)

but I had enough snow growing up in MN for a lifetime..

it is pretty though..

• Mulan
    Mulan

So far it looks like about two inches. I picked Zoe up at 1:30 and lots of parents were doing the same thing.

It is a bit of mass hysteria when it snows here.

So pretty with everyone's Christmas lights.

• Gollum
    Gollum

It always slows down my commute when they have to throw the chains on the ferries to get across the sound!

• Princess
    Princess

Hey Gollum! Howzit going? I bet you have a pretty commute tonight. The snow must look beautful from the ferry deck.

I picked up Rhys and Zoe from Mulan's house and managed to get home just fine.

Washingtonians drive insane when it snows. Especially those who own suv's and large trucks. eek!

I own a freakishly large SUV and drive quite sanely, thank you very much!

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Well, here in the deep south, I was out today and was amazed that the leaves are still on the trees and beautiful too. It looks like fall and it's the 1st of December...kind of weird though!!! The same thing happens here when we get snow. It only snows at most a couple of times in the winter...so everyone gets paranoid and buys up all the bread and milk. What do they do with all that bread and milk??? I like to get a bottle of wine...

One of my sons puts a huge chain in the back of the truck and goes out helping all the poor fools who are in ditches! I'm impressed that he won't take any money for this. Enjoy it while you have it!

Swalker

• hubert
    hubert
    I own a freakishly large SUV and drive quite sanely, thank you very much!

I'm sure you do, Princess, especially with the little ones in the SUV.

But, some that I've seen over here in the East, think they are driving a TANK, and drive like crazy, even in the snow !! You would think that New Englanders would have enough exerience with snow to be cautious drivers, but many of them are not, and it gets worse every year.

So, Princess and Mulan, keep the snow "over there" this year. I don't want any. We had too much last year, and I'm still fretting over it.

Hubert

• Gollum
    Gollum

Princess,
    Still alive. Still trying to keep the biz going. That's an ugly time, let me tell you.

It is pretty from the ferry, but I just will be anticipating my wet,cold ass when I get into the rowboat to go across the harbor!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Here in Dakota, we got over 12" since Monday. All I got done all week so far is plow snow. It's gonna stay a while too. Near zero tonight. Three more inches due tomorrow.

• Mulan
    Mulan

We now have 3 inches, but the weather man says it will turn to rain by morning. Typical for this area. The snow lasts about a day. We might get more on the weekend though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit