Do the angels guide people to the witnesses?

by undercover 19 Replies latest jw friends

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I knew a sister who claimed to have had trouble with demons all her life, and a week before she got baptized as a JW, the demonic harassment completely stopped and it has never returned.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I knew a sister who claimed to have had trouble with demons all her life, and a week before she got baptized as a JW, the demonic harassment completely stopped and it has never returned.

That's to be expected. Now that the demons have her they can focus their attention elsewhere. W

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

When I was massively depressed and contemplating suicide, the angels directed no JW's to me. Maybe if we added up all the successful suicides on the planet, and all the people who are feeling disillusioned in their lives and wanting something better from it, and who weren't at that moment contacted by JW's, we'd realise that the people who were, were statistically inevitable.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

When I resigned from Bethel, the "brother" in charge of the Translation dept. (nice guy btw) asked me to stay a few additional months to help with a big amount of pending work. As my main assignment then was on the Aid book, one that I still enjoyed enough, I agreed. But then came this time of the year when the material for the next Yearbook arrived, to be translated by all translators available in a few weeks. Of course I had to share in it.

I was very conscious at this time where I was heading to (i.e, OUT of the org.). And to me this was a path of faith. Painful as it might be, "God" was leading me out. At that point I had to translate story after story of people being "led into the org". This was an awful experience. Physically painful. I remember I had to stop a number of times, lock myself in the dark and pray: Why? I would not dismiss those stories as fake, even less put "Satan" into them. I just did not understand and only found some peace by accepting that I wouldn't understand. I had to follow my path. "God" was leading me out and at the same time he might be leading a lot of other people in. None of my business.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I was very conscious at this time where I was heading to (i.e, OUT of the org.). And to me this was a path of faith. Painful as it might be, "God" was leading me out. At that point I had to translate story after story of people being "led into the org". This was an awful experience. Physically painful. I remember I had to stop a number of times, lock myself in the dark and pray: Why? I would not dismiss those stories as fake, even less put "Satan" into them. I just did not understand and only found some peace by accepting that I wouldn't understand. I had to follow my path. "God" was leading me out and at the same time he might be leading a lot of other people in. None of my business.

Very interesting experience, nark. Thx for sharing.

BTW it's intriguing, isn't it? I've asked/remarked to a number of ministers and friends, "Why did "Jehovah" have us in the WT all those years, then take us out?"

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Yes,without doubt, the angels from the land of Confusion and Heartache, social and personal.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Jez, I agree, God can use whoever is available to help someone. Years ago i recall my own mother in a serious depresson. I was too young to really understand it. The jws would not come see her, she did not make meetings or service so that proves she did not have God's spirit (-DOESN'T IT MAKE U SICK HOW JWS THINK?) I'll never forget a church of christ woman stopped in to see my mother and prayed for her. my mom was so desperate for God's help. that she 'allowed it". But then she felt guilty bc it was not a jws who prayed for her. My poor mom. I hope wherever she is she has found peace.

also many years earlier when my dad died , no jws would even visit him. A church of christ man he worked with befriended him and prayed with him and built a wheelchair ramp for him. He did it quietly , not asking for praise. In both of these instances these people showed Christ like love, none of jws did.

weds

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

This is just another fable/myth of the Society, getting these baloney stories of Angels leading other jdubs to those who supposedly are in need of help being depressed, suicidal, etc. Pleeeze this reeks of B.S. I knewof one brother long time jdubby who committed suicide where was God or the Angels when he needed them??? I knew of a lady who lived next door to the present P.O. of a congregation and some years ago the P.O.'s wife started a study with her that quickly ended as she claimed she started to be haunted by evil demons while studying and when she told her the study was over there were no more visits from the demons. I loved that one found out about it out in Field Service. What a hoot.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Who was it in another thread that said something like...If you fling enough crap at the wall you are bound to hit the target!

• blindersoff
    blindersoff
    Who was it in another thread that said something like...If you fling enough crap at the wall you are bound to hit the target!

Good point

We may never hear about it, but I would venture to guess that there are experiences where people committed suicide right after the witness left their door. I know of one who came home from the Cir Assmbly & overdosed. Another one after a Book Study.

B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit