Defd, You can't be serious

by onesong 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    It is discipline and punishment. However it can turn into a good thing IF you benefit from it.

Not true. It is only what your mind wants it to be.

The MAIN BENEFIT of this action is so that YOU won't be able to speak to other JWs or they to you............which make the WTS claims and edicts hold water for the uninformed. The WTS has implemented this form of "punishment" for its OWN ENDS and has nothing whatsoever to DO with your (or anyone's) spirituality!!!

When and if you grovel at their feet and when they decide that you are "repentant enough to them" then maybe you can be "allowed" to be one of them once again. This has absolutely nothing to do with the bible, but as per usual...........the WTS has taken liberties in making up a policy and then hunting down some scripture to "support" that policy!

If you believe what they say............then you will do all the grovelling and elder-buttkissing and try and work up to being allowed on the KH furniture again.

If you realize they are simply there to control you for their own purposes......then you may not want to get back into the WTS rat-race ever again. A slave of the WTS has no connection with being a slave for Christ. Not even close. A WTS slave is just what it says.............a slave FOR the WTS.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Onesong I dont feel DF is a good thing. It is discipline and punishment. However it can turn into a good thing IF you benefit from it.

D.

There are many people who enjoy discipline and punishment but not usually from a religious source. If you are really into this sort of thing I suggest you Google it and benefit from that. DF'ing is just bull shit for control of peoples lives. It will never change or be helpful to anyone.

• ocsrf
    ocsrf
    I dont feel DF is a good thing. It is discipline and punishment. However it can turn into a good thing IF you benefit from it. (Defd said)

Defd - I like your spirit. However, the Society can DF for lots of reasons that are not always based on the bible. For example - if you came to them and admitted you were chatting on this site and were not going to stop you would be DF tomorrow. Would you learn from this action, well perhaps you would come back, but deep down you would resent their authority over you and question why you can't have a free mind and will.

By the way, I am card holding member as well, but I given up trying to reason on their rightness, I just go along and play the game, cutting as many activities as I can to keep my current sanity.

OC

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

(3 John 5-12) 5 Beloved one, you are doing a faithful work in whatever you do for the brothers, and strangers at that, 6 who have borne witness to your love before the congregation. These you will please send on their way in a manner worthy of God. 7 For it was in behalf of [his] name that they went forth, not taking anything from the people of the nations. 8 We, therefore, are under obligation to receive such persons hospitably, that we may become fellow workers in the truth. 9 I wrote something to the congregation, but Di·ot´re·phes, who likes to have the first place among them, does not receive anything from us with respect. 10 That is why, if I come, I will call to remembrance his works which he goes on doing, chattering about us with wicked words. Also, not being content with these things, neither does he himself receive the brothers with respect, and those who are wanting to receive them he tries to hinder and to throw out of the congregation. 11 Beloved one, be an imitator, not of what is bad, but of what is good. He that does good originates with God. He that does bad has not seen God. 12 De·me´tri·us has had witness borne to him by them all and by the truth itself. In fact, we, also, are bearing witness, and you know that the witness we give is true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit