Defd, You can't be serious

by onesong 13 Replies latest jw friends

• onesong
    onesong

Who is this defd guy? He keeps insisting that my being df'd is a good thing.

Understand this--I DON"T BELIEVE THAT S@#T ANYMORE! How is shunning me going to make me believe it?

Anyway here's a story from a year ago when I was working my way out.

At the last CO's talk he was droning about humility and used as an example an occasion when Rutherford predicted Armygeddon and got it wrong (apparently). So what amazingly humble thing did the Judge do when all the facts proved he was wrong?? He admitted he was wrong!

Wow! talk about humility!

I mentioned to many afterwards that I thought true humility would prevent someone from stepping out ahead and make a prediction that would lead people astray. Everyone I talked to about it defended Rutherford and insisted he was being humble.

"What else could he have done?Deny it?" I would ask. And--"What if you went making predictions about the big day? What would happen to you?" No answers.......

The worst part is,is that you had the CO highlighting the fact that false prophecies were made and no one seemed to care!

PS --I just put up my 1st XMAS tree today,it looks great!!!!!!

• defd
    defd

Onesong I dont feel DF is a good thing. It is discipline and punishment. However it can turn into a good thing IF you benefit from it.

D.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Understand this--I DON"T BELIEVE THAT S@#T ANYMORE! How is shunning me going to make me believe it?

I was never DF'd, but I DA'd. It's a great thing!

I don't think it's so much a matter of JWs thinking that shunning will make you believe their tripe. They're probably afraid that you might educate others in the congregation.

W

• undercover
    undercover
    I dont feel DF is a good thing. It is discipline and punishment. However it can turn into a good thing IF you benefit from it.

It's a good thing IF you benefit from it? Is that like saying capital punishment(death) is a good thing if the prisoner benefits from it?

• onesong
    onesong

Maybe your'e right Defd.

Now I can celebrate Xmas, hit on women, smoke whatever I want and talk with apostates w/o looking over my shoulder.

I guess it is a good thing!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    I don't think it's so much a matter of JWs thinking that shunning will make you believe their tripe. They're probably afraid that you might educate others in the congregation.

DF'ing is supposed to serve both purposes. And a third -- "uphold the sanctity of Jehovah's name". (Not knowing that third one earned me an uncomfortable glower from my committee chairman)

In their publications, JW's love to quote formerly DF'd people that returned. They always say how much being shunned helped them to see what they'd really lost in 'leaving Jehovah'. So the drumbeat is 'df'ing helps the one df'd', but it's only one of three "benefits".

(A fourth unmentioned one is that it keeps the people that have peeked behind the curtain from ruining the surprise for those that haven't yet!)

Dave

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The entire 'df program' is a misapplication of 1 Corr 5 and 2 John.

I think Almost has it pretty close in the reasons for it - the most important is to shut up the one who might dare have an opinion.

It has a massive social implication also in creating gossip in the cong. That is an important part of it. Why? No one likes to be slandered, and getting df's will assure that all sorts of stories will get told about the person. It keeps people in line, similar to the effect of the soviet style of justice - people just disapeared in the middle of the night - it wasn't important the reasons why - it was important that others knew by implication not to cross whatever line the state drew in the sand. It has no disciplinary value at all. It's only effect is in instilling fear in the masses. CONTROL.

Jeff

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Onesong I dont feel DF is a good thing. It is discipline and punishment. However it can turn into a good thing IF you benefit from it. Defd.

It helps a lot of people because they never ever, ever return to the WT LIES.

BTW, I was announced, or so I've been told by active JW's, in the following manner by the Walland, TN Congregation, "James Robert Evans has disassociated himself from the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses"

It is a Great Thing. A lot of the JW's shunned me for a long time. Recently, they have approached me and discussed the WT and its doctrines with me. Some have even investigated the WTBTS and have left the cult. Some of those have accepted and worship Jesus which is something they could never do as a loyal follower of the WTBTS.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I was announced, or so I've been told by active JW's, in the following manner by the Walland, TN Congregation, "James Robert Evans has disassociated himself from the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses"

How dare they use 'Christian' in that announcement? Further, do they mean the corporation? Were you a part of the corporation?

Jeff

• Honesty
    Honesty

Yes Jeff, I was baptised into the organisation.

As for using the word Christian in their cult name... you can put any label on Chlorine but it will still kill if ingested into the human body. The same thing happens with eating at the WT table.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit