WT,DEC 1 2005,PP22-23;IS THIS AN INACCURATE STATEMENT?

by badboy 147 Replies latest jw friends

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Hold on there, "wherever the sons of mankind are dwelling" referred to Nebuchadnezzar, not Rome. -- M.J.

If you'd been keeping up with this thread you wouldn't be so confused.

Anyway, I'd like to know, in what way was China under Rome's sovereignty? -- M.J.

You might ask badboy, since he seems to think that China was a Roman province. Can you prove that Rome never exercised universal rule? No, you can't. Why didn't you respond to my questions here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/102760/1775972/post.ashx#1775972 .

• jgnat
    jgnat

Confirmed, invisible. Where's my hijab?

Schizm, I am pretty sure badboy's comment was rhetorical, as in "How dumb a comment is THAT?" You certainly have NOT addressed the questions posed to you about China, the Americas, and that pesky Roman wall.

Proof? No Roman numerals in either the documents of the Chinese dynasties or the Mayan either.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    You certainly have NOT addressed the questions posed to you about China, the Americas, and that pesky Roman wall. -- jgnat.

Do you actually think there were inhabitated places that were out of the reach of the Roman empire? Do you really think that Rome itself wasn't able to also go where any such peoples might have ventured out to? Can you prove that any such peoples were never subject to Roman rule?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes. Oceans. No Roman numerals.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The maps of the "known world" for the Romans at that time did not account for entire continents. North and South America. Australia. And as another poster mentioned, the Pacific islands.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Yes. Oceans. No Roman numerals.

So you think that there were peoples who were able to traverse oceans that the Roman governnment found impossible to do?

• Schizm
    Schizm
    The maps of the "known world" for the Romans at that time did not account for entire continents. North and South America. Australia. And as another poster mentioned, the Pacific islands.

So what you'd have me believe is that there were peoples who found their way across oceans in order to take up residence elsewhere in the world ... while Rome's government wasn't paying attention?

• Schizm
    Schizm

And insofar as your comment about there being "no Roman numerals," that's 'neither here nor there'.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Schizm, are you arguing in favor of the Watchtower here? Are you a Jehovah's Witness? Just curious.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Schizm, are you arguing in favor of the Watchtower here?

The Watchtower doesn't see Rome as having exercised universal rule. Does that answer your question?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit