Which of Franz's books is better, COC of CF?

by jwfacts 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Princess:

You said "the truth" - twice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bythesea
    bythesea

I found CofC very important in exposing the WTS for what it actually is: just a bunch of men on a power trip, basically. It helped me to take a stand in my mind, at least, that I could no longer pretend to myself that this was God's Organization. I'd been trying to sell myself on that for the last 10 years of my 24 yrs association! But, with CF I was given a place to fall....Franz' second book is a great comfort to me, I read it regularly, certain passages....he has helped me to sort out some of the stickery subjects...not that he gives us all the answers, but it has helped me to not feel the guilt and to trust that my relationship with God IS a personal one, not needing an org. I'd recommend them both to anyone leaving....

• Gozz
    Gozz

I've had both books for over two years; I've been through some parts of the CoC, but haven't at all read ISoCF.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

COC is more purely 'factual' and deals more with Ray's personal experience at the time of his crisis and why. SOCF expands more on other themes and errors of the WTS, but it takes the reader further, helping JW's who want to remain Christians to find a new way for themselves as a Christian outside the WTS organisation, something that can be immensely hard for ex-JW's to do. COC is powerful to tear down your faith in the organisation, but SOCF can help build up your faith again and get moving again in Christ. I personally enjoyed SOCF more for this reason.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit