Do you care if DefD stays a JW or not?

by AlmostAtheist 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Almost

He seems to have redefined "JW" to mean what he wants it to mean, then he lives up to that. If that's true, is he really a hypocrite?

Yes. Someone can redefine their religion all they want as far as I care, for example;

"Well Elder Long-nose, I don't care it says that in xyz because abc in qpr says blahblahblah. I feel the view YOU express is at fault, even if it is the one supported by Brooklyn - but what are we, sevants of men?"

That's someone redefining their religion and being honest. Luther wasn't being a hypocrite; he nailed HIS objection to the fricking door.

Deciding that the 'laws' don't apply to BUT YOU'LL DO ANYTHING to stop others finding out you think that way, is being two-faced.

The exception is if a religious community allows divergence from doctrine either in recognition of individual conscience or common practice. You can be Anglican and have a very wide lattitude of belief and no one will give a damn; it's not being hypocritical.

Most Roman Catholics in Western Europe use contraception and, because it is such an unbelivably STUPID doctrine, most don't see this as an issue. Ever heard of anyone being excommunicated for using a condom? It's not being hypocritical.

However, any and all of his activities here would get him df'd in any congregation; one way ticket to the back of the Hall, do not enter until everyone is seated and bugger off after the prayer, thank you very much. He is a hypocrite - although this doesn't mean he is a 'bad man'.

Will he get off the pot or shit is what it boils down to.

• daystar
    daystar

Cognitive dissonance, cognitive dissonance, cognitive dissonance...

When a person's core values are at odds with those of a group one has commited one's soul to, you have a recipe for mental instability.

I admit that I would experience a certain amount of satisfaction to see Derrick resolve this conflict one way or another, preferably out of the slave blood-cult he is a member of.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I could care less. He won't write my purposal for a doctorate program Im trying to get into and he continually calls me "mean"...even though he doesn't seem to think his past posts have anything to do with it.

Ditto, except for the doctorate part

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit