New here.

by On the Fence 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

WElcome! I'm kinda new here too, but I've been out for a while. There are some here that have pursued a relationship with God. After you exit the JWs you learn to look for some of the same tricks they use, in other churches you visit. Jesus and his apostles did not count time! They did not build church buildings...your eyes will open when you start reading the Bible without the veil of the societies teachings!

Glad you're here!

• bythesea
    bythesea

Welcome, Onthefence!!! I applaude you for walking away and, lucky you, that you have family that you can turn to and be accepted for who you are, not for what you believe. This forum will give you the place to explore your own feelings, vent and cry when those times arise....I haven't had to do that myself yet, but know that its a safe haven for a person leaving the WTS.

I also urge you to read read read...study your Bible and if you haven't, then SWITCH translations....I started using the NIV and it has opened up scripture to me that never meant anything before....also, read Ray Franz books, it will help you get over the guilt when you understand that God is NOT leading this organization...there's alot of information about JW's at different sites, browse through them, educate yourself about what this religion is REALLY about....it will help you get OFF the fence!

Its hard, I know, I'm still working at fading myself, but mentally I was FREE of them many months ago...all of the things I've told you helped me, I just want to share.....hope we hear more from you...keep us posted, ok? Bythesea

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome OTF. Good to have you.

Lack of Love is a primary reason for many to begin to see thru the witness facade. It was for me.

As you go thru this process of leaving you will run a whole range of emotion. It is part of the deprogramming. We are here to lend support, let you vent, give you a helping hand where we can.

Once again - welcome.

Jeff

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

That was a sad run down onthefence . I really can relate to what you went through because it's basically exactly what happened to my mom not long ago. I'm sure you will make lots of nice friends here.

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit