Have you ever wanted to punch a Circuit Overseer or his wife?

by Nellie 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Nellie
    Nellie

I was reading another post about a "dear old circuit overseers wife" and it immediately brought back to mind an experience I had with one that wasn't so dear at all . . .

I "knew" this woman before she went into the circuit work with her husband. Granted, I didn't know her well - but I had moved into her congregation a few weeks before she and her husband left to go into the circuit work.

The background: I lost 2 pregnancies before my son and one after him. (She didn't know this.) We were attending our district convention, and was finally comfortable enough with this pregnancy to tell others about it and start rejoicing! She walked up to me and hugged me "hello" and asked what was going on. I immediately smiled and said, "I'm pregnant." Now I expected this CIRCUIT OVERSEER'S WIFE to say "congratulations" - I expected this CIRCUIT OVERSEER'S WIFE to smile and give me a hug . . . to my surprise, what I got was a total look of revulsion on her face as she reared back and said "OHH NO! I'm soo sorry!" I wanted to say "what the fu-- is your problem?" What I did say is "I only have one son, you know." She then said something like, "well if you're happy," and walked away. I stood there stunned - to this day all I can think about is what if she had said that to someone else who was depressed over being pregnant? Can you imagine the damage she could have done? A weaker woman could have walked away and slit her wrists! A few weeks later, I lost the baby - I played with the idea of writing her and telling her she could rejoice now! I didn't - I'm a better person than that! But I've never forgotten her and I've never forgiven her either! I wish I had punched her in the face!

• carla
    carla

I'm so sorry for the loss of your babies. You must be a better person than me, cause I feel like punching her out now!

• upside/down
    upside/down

That was off the charts....HARSH! I'm so sorry you had to endure such sh*tty treatment.

But... to answer your question... Yes..My wife and I experienced similar treatment...we even got a "sympsthy" card from a wannabe CO (Jim Laws) when we got pregnant with our first child.

F'm all.

u/d(of the Never Again class)

• Nellie
    Nellie

Thanks guys for your support - but this happened many years and 3 kids ago! I'm now the proud mother of four! It's a shame that this still bites! I wonder what kind of other damage she's left behind in her travels?

• blondie
    blondie

No excuse, better though to learn to slice and dice with words.

I can say this about CO wives, some desperately want children and the circuit work is their husband's choice and they don't have much to say about it. That is why I think some I have met are so chronically ill, they really don't want to be CO wives. She was probably jealous (besides being immature and without empathy).

I know one CO's wife that would have empathized with you. They had left the work because of her unexpected pregnancy. She lost her baby due to SIDS.

g88 1/22 p. 3 SIDS—A Parent’s Daily Fear

The sudden, unexpected death of an apparently healthy baby is probably the most poignant and devastating event that can overtake a young couple—yet in Western society it is also the most common kind of infant death after the first week of life."—Professor Bernard Knight, Sudden Death in Infancy—The ‘Cot Death’ Syndrome.

IT WAS 4:00 a.m. of December 22, 1984. Ken Eberline poked his head into the bedroom to see how seven-month-old Katie was doing. Little Katie was the firstborn pride and joy of Ken and Tottie, who were in their early 30’s. The baby was sleeping peacefully. Ken left the house. He had a long drive to Las Cruces, New Mexico, to teach a seminar.

Tottie got up at 7:30 a.m. and went to see how Katie was. Katie was strangely silent. Tottie looked again, touched her, and immediately knew the worst. Katie was dead. She had died of crib death, or SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome). This sudden, silent death creeps up on thousands of families every year.

• upside/down
    upside/down

She's not alone... many CO's and DO's...out of outright jealousy...demean those of us who have the joy of child bearing and rearing. The highest pleasure in life...has been reduced to "breeding". They treat people like animals...literally.

What do you expect from a high control cult made up of power hungry janitors and wumenz who wish they had balls?

"By their fruits...you will know them"

u/d(of the hates rotten fruit class)

• gumby
    gumby
    She walked up to me and hugged me "hello" and asked what was going on. I immediately smiled and said, "I'm pregnant." Now I expected this CIRCUIT OVERSEER'S WIFE to say "congratulations" - I expected this CIRCUIT OVERSEER'S WIFE to smile and give me a hug . . . to my surprise, what I got was a total look of revulsion on her face as she reared back and said "OHH NO! I'm soo sorry!"

Jealousy.

She's pissed because she has to live with other people and eat their food and not have a home herself......and.....she has to do it missionary style. Typical jealous co's wife who wants all to be as miserable as she is.

Me personally. Yeah, I wanted to punch the lights out of a dickweed loudmouth CO who stood there and said "there was no REAL love in the world outside Jehovahs Organisation". I told my wife after he said that I felt like telling him he was full of shit and asking him if he thought that worldly people who lost a child in death only cried fake tears. What an arrogant asswipe.

Gumby

• upside/down
    upside/down

gumby....don't hold back...tell us how u really feel...

ur an eloquent lil bastard...

and I AGREE!

u/d(of the don't get me started class)

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

I get so upset about things like that. I don't know how I would have reacted probably by telling her off. You know these CO's have this mentality too because I remember the speakers used to say that young couples should wait until "after Armageddon" to have children. And at the same time they want to tell men in some Awake article to not get a vasectomy because somehow that was construed to be against a Bible scripture. (I cannot think what year that was) But anyhow, they can't have it both ways!

I say, personally that if you have enough of a support system and you plan to have a baby that is entirely your choice, your life, your business and if anyone doesn't congratulate you when you are expecting then they are just jealous.

YC

• Shakita
    Shakita
    I expected this CIRCUIT OVERSEER'S WIFE to smile and give me a hug . . . to my surprise, what I got was a total look of revulsion on her face as she reared back and said "OHH NO! I'm soo sorry!" I wanted to say "what the fu-- is your problem?" What I did say is "I only have one son, you know." She then said something like, "well if you're happy," and walked away. I stood there stunned - to this day all I can think about is what if she had said that to someone else who was depressed over being pregnant? Can you imagine the damage she could have done? A weaker woman could have walked away and slit her wrists! A few weeks later, I lost the baby - I played with the idea of writing her and telling her she could rejoice now! I didn't - I'm a better person than that! But I've never forgotten her and I've never forgiven her either! I wish I had punched her in the face!

Hi Nellie. I'm sorry about the loss of your baby. The response of that CO's wife to your good news was incredibly rude, cold, insulting and Pharasaic like. The Wt has published several articles over the years that discouraged families from having children. At the very least, their message was that having children in the dying days of this system of things could bring great hardships. Remember the article "Responsible Child Bearing In The Time of The End'? It may be that that anal retentive CO's wife had taken that article to heart and viewed pregnancies with disdain because her beloved "mother" counseled the flock that having children deep in the time of the end was foolish.

I remember when my wife was pregnant with our fourth child a sister in the congregation acted in a cold way to the news about my wife's pregnancy. I believe that she had just read that same article that I mentioned above. She had one child at the time and supposedly wasn't going to have anymore. Guess what? Oops! Not too long after her chilly response to our good news she became pregnant with her second child. She sure did look sheepish after revealing the news to us. What it all comes down to Nellie is this: The Wt indoctrinates their adherents to believe in a certain way until they do the very thing that they condemned others for. And if having children is a blessing from God, why is the geriatric set so quick to condemn something which is a natural part of life?

Mr. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit