Have you ever wanted to punch a Circuit Overseer or his wife?

by Nellie 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I did want to throw a CO down the long district conevention stairs and even visualized how I could make it look like an accident. But I decided against throwing Humpty Dumpty down the stairs.

• Cori
    Cori

I had a CO accuse me of reading books of demons! (Because I read the Davinci Code). I wanted to sock him right in the face!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

When I was about 7 years old I was walking around our Kingdom Hall in Newfoundland pretending to fly a plane or whatever else little kids do with their imaginations. A soon to become circuit overseer's wife grabbed me with both hands and with a horrible expression on her face yelled, "ARE YOU RETARDED?"

Seems like such a small thing but it really hurt me, and yeah, obviously I still remember it.

GBL

• Nellie
    Nellie

yikes!

One of my best accomplishments as an exploited child of the Watchtower occurred shortly after I made my exit. I stopped attending when I was 14, and at the age of 15, dad invited the CO and his wife to our house for dinner and demanded that I be there. They combined to trash me for my conduct, and, being an extremely angry young teen, I responded by yelling the following to the CO and his wife: "You are not welcome in my home. You are your wife get the fuck out of my house." They left, and I certainly paid for my comments, but I don't regret making them. In fact, it's one of the best things I did with respect to the Witnesses.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Nellie -

As regards your terrible experience with that CO's wife - I am truly disgusted and sorry to hear of that loss too.

As regards your question - Have you ever wanted to punch a Circuit Overseer or his wife?

I never wanted to punch one when I was in. I want to punch one or even more now. Hope one stops by soon, so this prophecy could actually come true.

Jeff

• greendawn
    greendawn

When a CO tried to persuade me to give up the idea of going to university and serve jehovah instead because it is only those that serve him generously that are truly happy, as for example the Bethel workers. By that time I knew the JWs were a con, a fake brotherhood, and the more you could rely on your own assets the better it was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit