What are WT's most abusive features?

by IT Support 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    what could possibly have been their problem with this

I suspect that their problem is quite clear when you think about it...its bad enough having a set of janitors posing as do gooders; spiritual and mental health counsellors, management consultants, accountants and lawyers....give them some training they would be really up their own arses...I agree with whoever blackballed the idea lol.

Seriously though...it would have some benefits!

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

All of it. Definitely.

Okay, semi-serious answer: Eliminate WTBTS entirely, make each congo self governing and independent.

Nate

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Change those two and you have just joined mainstream religion.

I think that may be wishful thinking--they still have plenty of wacky beliefs left, certainly sufficient to still separate them from "the world." :)

arwen,

They would be "mainstream" in the sense that the rest of their flakey beliefs do not KILL people.

The doctrine of blood does kill and will continue to do so.They are attempting to "modify" this belief to the point where it has no meaning but we are not there yet.

DF'ing also kills.Most DFed persons have friends or family in the"truth" The total withdraw of all support can and does in some cases lead to suicide. I am sure that the support that this and other forums provide is lifesaving at times.The WT will never change.........My hope is that it can be destroyed.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    What are WT's most abusive features?

honestly, the concept of God is the most abusive feature of the WTS because without it, they have nothing. everything, all of their crap, all of the hurt, the entire organization revolves around the fallacious premise that there is obviously a God.

*sigh*

TS

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

letting babies, toddlers, and children die for want of a blood transfusion is the most obviously abusive. the 2 witness rule for child abuse allegations to be dealt with by elders is the next most obviously heinous.

JW's don't treat their kiddies very well.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

In answer to the original post:

The worst part about all JWs is how they enjoy and rejoice in the abandonment of their so called fellow brothers and sisters. The only real love from WTB&TS is their own "love of self" and being a good Nazi.

I would like the Governing Body to show their credentials. In other words, I need positive PROOF that what is said, IS from and OF the almighty GOD.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

In answer to the original post: Hope the computer works right this time!!

Can anybody prove me wrong?

The worst part about all JWs is how they enjoy and rejoice in the abandonment of their so called fellow brothers and sisters. The only real love from WTB&TS is their own "love of self" and being a good Nazi.

I would like the Governing Body to show their credentials. In other words, I need positive PROOF that what is said, IS from and OF the almighty GOD.

• atypical
    atypical

Take away any and all judgment. Teach that no human can ever judge another.

Aw, who am I kidding? All that would happen is witnesses would judge each other for being judgemental.

• young hearts, be free..
    young hearts, be free..

1) The subtle domination of rank and file by untrained, unqualified men.

2) The domination of men over women, not only in the organization but in their mindset of day-to-day living.

3) The subtle mind control techniques that invariably fuck-up the minds of all JW's, young and old......how hard was it to adjust to normal thinking !!!!!!!

4) The focus on destruction of all who don't follow this "Jehovah and his earthly organization". The negative, deathly mind-set cleverly shrouded by a belief in a future paradisaic, love-filled earth.

5) The requirement that your blood-family no longer comes before all else, and the way they influence the mind to put theocracy before true family. This was one of my major turn-aways, how could a 60 year old man with no connection whatsoever to me tell how un-important my brothers and sisters are, and how I should treat them/view them. No one tells me how to think or live......

GET FUCKED BROOKLYN AND YOUR MEN, I'd bring the whole fucken' thing down !!!!

• TopHat
    TopHat

All of the above plus we should have a place to put our books like they do in college...after-all it is a place they call school sometimes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit