KM August Figures Are In (US)

by Severus 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Severus
    Severus

From December 2005 Kingdom Ministry (US):

Special Pioneers: 156 (Av. Hrs. 101.1, Av. Mags. 81.7, Av. R.V. 45.7, Av. Bi.St. 4.5)

Pioneers: 92,785 (Av. Hrs. 57.4, Av. Mags. 35.5, Av. R.V. 18.1, Av. Bi.St. 1.8)

Auxiliary Pioneers: 18,506 (Av. Hrs. 50.0, Av. Mags. 35.5, Av. R.V. 12.5, Av. Bi.St. 1.1)

Publishers: 924,355 (Av. Hrs. 9.2, Av. Mags. 8.2, Av. R.V. 3.5, Av. Bi.St. 0.3)

TOTAL: 1,035,802

Baptized: 2,126

"August proved to be a month of remarkable activity. The total number of publishers recorded was 1,035,802. This is tha second highest number of Kingdom proclaimers ever recorded in the United States!"

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

This proves that they are playing with the numbers. Every one that I knew, including pioneers, took August off. Very little activity as it was too hot to be out there all day. Anyone else with the same experience? August was so dead for the most part!!!

Swalker

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I agree that in some areas the custom is to take August off, but in areas where heat is not as much of a factor, a lot of pioneers try to cram in as many long days as possible in August to meet their hour "requirement."

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

What many people do not realise is that these figures do not represent the actual people witnessing in August. If a person has not put a report in for three months, and so in August puts in one for June, July and August, it all gets added to the August total. The WTS does not go back and amend the previous months.
    In August there is a push for anyone that was irregular to put in all their reports to close of the end of the service year. This leads to an unnatural spike for the month. The average of all 12 months is therefore a more accuarate reflection of what the true growth rate is.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

WOW! I'm impressed!

So they have over a million people in the U.S. knocking on doors when most people aren't home to answer them! Of the few people who answer their doors most are not interested.

I'd like to see them publish the amount of time they actually spend preaching, not including time spent in coffee shops or strolling at a snail's pace.

W

• kid-A
    kid-A

Think of the time and effort these poor dorks put into their recruitment efforts, and divide that by the pay-off. The door-banging routine has to be the most inefficient, idiotic, waste of time and money ever employed by a religion. You would think by now they would have resorted to some other medium (television, radio ads, magazine ads, etc) for their recruiting efforts instead of sending their drone armies out knocking on the doors of empty houses.

The input and output of this equation is so laughable it boggles the mind they can survive financially. Must be the third world countries keeping them afloat, it sure as hell isnt the States, Canada or Europe, based upon these "baptism" figures.

• JH
    JH

Which means....

That, 2,126 brothers and sisters conducted a successful study that led to someone's baptism, and

1,033, 676 brothers and sisters didn't....do anything productive.

• Mary
    Mary

OK, just to put this into perspective:

In the month of August, 1,035,802 people spent 14,770,996 hours preaching, placed 11,543,177 magazines, had 5,153,104 Return Visits, and conducted 465,377 bible studies.

And the end result was 2,126 baptized. While it's never mentioned, I'd guess that 3/4 of those baptized were children of Witnesses, not new recruits, which means there were probably actually only about 531 people recruited from the outside. When you consider that it took over a million people over 14,770,996 hours to recruit just over 500 people, then it becomes quite clear that the method of door to door preaching is yielding such a piddling amount of people that it's obvious it's not working any more.

"August proved to be a month of remarkable activity. The total number of publishers recorded was 1,035,802. This is tha second highest number of Kingdom proclaimers ever recorded in the United States!"

I guess somebody has to think so......Notice how they only focused on "activity" and not "results"?

• misspeaches
    misspeaches
    If a person has not put a report in for three months, and so in August puts in one for June, July and August, it all gets added to the August total. The WTS does not go back and amend the previous months.... ..... .....This leads to an unnatural spike for the month.

PATHETIC... I can't believe they do this. LIARS LIARS LIARS. I hope they rot. (I am feeling a little angry today...)

• Poztate
    Poztate

"August proved to be a month of remarkable activity. The total number of publishers recorded was 1,035,802. This is the second highest number of Kingdom proclaimers ever recorded in the United States!"
    So what they are really saying is that they are DOWN from a peak.When did this peak happen and are they still sliding down?? I hope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit