Is Anyone Else Sad Today?

by Ms. Whip 26 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

If that's a picture of you in that avatar I can't see how you are lonely ever, much less holidays . I get hit with loneliness every once in awhile but hell it's a way of life for me now . I still wouldn't do christmas , regardless . I get so sick of hearing , what are we going to get so and so , blah blah .just glad I don't make that kind of fuss over things . It's supposed to be about giving but in the end it's about what you receive .

• Soledad
    Soledad
    Friendliness with no ulterior motivation is a powerful communication tool. It will lift you out of your blues and put a genuine smile on your face

I agree 1000% with this

Why is it that I can never dollup the coolwhip like that?

use a piping bag.

Happy Thanksgiving!

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hi Ms. Whip. I wish you would feel better. These are some of the hardest times to deal with, having once been witnesses. We've been conditioned to believing that all these holidays are either spawned of false religious teaching, in conjuntion with the fact that they're the sum result of the country needing an economic boost given to the economy. It's all rather depressing, depending on what side of the street you're looking from. Know that you're not alone, dear sister as I'm certain there are many more who are feeling the same way as you. It can be rather disturbing, as much of what is celebrated in this country today, has it's roots in it being snatched away from those who just happened to be in the wrong place at the right time. The meaningfulness of the moment, however, can still be found in those who look forward to seeing thier family members whom they haven't seen for a while. Then there are those who come and go from year to year, who have died and they are no longer part of those moments from the previous Thanksgiving, so many quite frankly make good use of the opportunity to share time with family and friends because the days for all of us are getting shorter. These are times when many of us just reflect a lot harder in that area. Then there is the cynism of the moment, when everyone should just be thankful, everyday. Thanksgiving not needing to be reminded, and then with Christmas coming so close behind, it can really throw you into a emotionally psychotic soup where you just wish that we could all jump to spring, pass go and collect your $200.00 dollars. I hope you can find some good folks to keep you company during these hours, I know from experience how difficult these Holiday Times can be. If nothing else, at least you have us to talk to. Many of us know what you're going thru. Many of us are right where you are. Arthur

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

hey,

i know what youre feeling, though my thanksgiving was last month and i spent it with some friends, it was still kinda depressing not to have family to spend it with... while everyone else is out shopping for their moms and their dads, i am unfortunately shopping for a few friends, who will undoubtedly forget i even exist, since ppkl usually only buy for their family... but then again, i usually get a few gifts, so who knows... great now im all depressed

thanks alot

the infamous one

• truenote
    truenote

Sweetie,

I am a newbie here. So in short I don't even celebrate the holidays. But what helps me are thinking about others who are misfortunite.

When there's is somebody in sad sorry state, they are others in sorrier ones. My life is nothing but drama. Try thinking good thougts.

Don't dwell on today. It's just a day. You know the song , Find one hundred ways? Well, Boo hoo. Just because some family don't share

the holidays does not mean you can't love. I may have left the JW org and don't celebrate holidays. But I know how really necessiry it is to create gifts or times or special days to give to people things. Really people so much into these days. Shoot, I want new full-size wooden bed.

But I'm not going to feel sad because of not having it on the world's special over kill thrill day or days. I got more stuff and people to care about!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Not today Ms Whip because we don't have Thanksgiving here but I do know how you feel.

Christmas has always been a sad time for me. Everyone gets together with their families and you sit at home watching DVD's trying not to hear the neighbours kids enjoying themselves and playing out side with their new toys. Then your flatmate comes home from their family Christmas dinner with their arms full of gifts. Its not the gifts so much that your jealous of but they have someone who wants to have this special day with them and loves them unconditionally...

Erk... I can't go on. I am making myself sad.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey ms. whip,

it's not thanksgiving here in canada either, but i am a little depressed too. similar reasons. but that's life i guess.

so, do you have any work xmas parties coming up? those are good for the blues, or so i hear. this year is my first xmas ever. i have made a few new pals at work, and tomorrow night is the xmas party, and i have the house to myself for a week (lol), so i am looking forward to the weekend. he he.

hope you're feelig a little better by the end of the day.

cheers,

TS

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip
    hope you're feelig a little better by the end of the day.

cheers,

TS

Hello again!

It's the end of the day and I do feel better!! You all are soo sweet!

Thank you for the kind words!!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Ms. Whip, I am glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Why is it that I can never dollup the coolwhip like that?

why don't they show it like it really is, piled up on the side of the plate?

That isn't real cool whip. It's probably a merangue. When they photograph food for adverts, they don't necessarily use fresh food. In most ads when they show ice-cream, it's actually a biscuit. Look closer. And fresh brewed coffee? They add a little soap suds to the edge of the surface. They also paint stain on chickens and turkeys to make them appear brown.

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Thanksgiving/Christmas is a time for giving. If you don't have any family or friends, I am sure you can go to the local homeless shelter there are children and families who would be so thankful for you thoughtfulness and a gift. The bright smile on a childs face would do miracles to cheer you up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit