Is Anyone Else Sad Today?

by Ms. Whip 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

Today is Thanksgiving. Time for family & friends. Sady, thanks to the Watchtower Org., I have few of either. Lots of early Christmas Sales to look forward to, but no one to buy for. Am I experiencing the "holiday blues" or is there more to it since I've never celebrated anything??? It seems like such a lonely time. Do any of you feel this way?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I share your feelings Ms. Whip. My friends buy me little presents, and my worldly grandparents usually give me a hundred bucks or so, but really, I feel like I get nothing.

And then, when I take advantage of the super-sales, and buy what I want for myself, everyone looks at me like I'm greedy.

Its sad to know that when I wake up Christmas morning, there will be no iPod, no new car, no new socks. Everything will be the same just like Easter, Thanksgiving, and my Birthday.

Plus, Winter is depressing anyway.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

WoW. I thought I was the only one having such feelings. I went to WaLmart and saw all the pumkin pies and people stocking up on last mintue food items for thanxgiving and felt almost jealous. And tomorrow is the Black Friday the biggest shopping the day of the year but I have no one to shop for.

I know that when my time comes I want to start celebrating holidays just to get insight into all the different things this world has to offer. Can't wait!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Awwww... I know what will cheer you up! I'll just crack a whip on ya a few times and you'll be right as rain!

• Nina
    Nina
    Today is Thanksgiving. Time for family & friends. Sady, thanks to the Watchtower Org., I have few of either. Lots of early Christmas Sales to look forward to, but no one to buy for. Am I experiencing the "holiday blues" or is there more to it since I've never celebrated anything??? It seems like such a lonely time. Do any of you feel this way?

Today is Thursday. It's only "Thanksgiving" if you buy into the marketing hype.

Buy for yourself. Couldn't you use a good deal? Get what *you* need or, <gasp>, even what you *want*. If you can afford to buy for "them" you can afford to buy for you. Just do it.

It's not lonely unless you think it is. Greet the bus driver. Say hello to someone on the street. Take the time to actually converse with those who respond. Friendliness with no ulterior motivation is a powerful communication tool. It will lift you out of your blues and put a genuine smile on your face.

You have family, they just aren't in sync with you at present. Don't chase after them, give them time and space to learn. Keep hope alive in your heart; that way your loved ones are always with you and you with them. Then you can wait with love, not loss.

Steer clear of things that manipulate your emotions. If you feel yourself giving in to sadness go to sleep! When you wake up you will be in a clearer frame of mind, then use your energy to get something accomplished that will benefit *you* in the long run.

Living it,

Nina

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

lol elsewhere. that's exactly what i need!

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip
    If you feel yourself giving in to sadness go to sleep!

great idea! i love sleep!

.....but, first

i think i'll finish off some pumpkin pie with a little cool whip.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Why is it that I can never dollup the coolwhip like that?

why don't they show it like it really is, piled up on the side of the plate?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    but no one to buy for

yup been there

man that sucks

(that's - man...that sucks - as opposed to a man that engages in a sucking type manoeuvre)

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I feel good today!!! I was one of those witnesses that always had the big dinner on Thanksgiving...I believed in giving Thanks for all I had and sharing it with good friends and family. Due to health reasons, I can't cook like that anymore, but I am cooking a small dinner today. I am just glad that I have all those wonderful memories and I didn't let the organization dominate my every move.

It might help to get involved in community activities...like signing up to serve dinner for the homeless at Christmas! A lot of people that celebrate the holidays feel that there is something missing...and it helps when you do good things for others not so fortunate, but always remember to pamper yourself as well! You are important too!

Swalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit