Happy Thanksgiving for our American Cousins!

by jgnat 11 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Eat lots, belly laugh, leave the dishes for the children.

Did I get the date right?

More on the pagan origins:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving

• JH
    JH

Have a nice happy Thanksgiving all you Americans out there...

• under74
    under74

Thanks. I'm looking forward to a huge meal and some good laughs with the family

For some it's patriotic...for me and my family it's just a time to eat and spend time together.

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

thank you!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

• luna2
    luna2

Thanks! We always go out to eat on Thanksgiving these days. We're trying a new restaurant this year, a German one. I assume they'll have a traditional turkey meal on the menu, but I'd rather have something different. Should be interesting. Sure wish it would stop snowing though. Stupid weather. LOL Oops, forgot to say, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yes you got the date right. SHOCK! Pagans once had a day set aside to give thanks, and they ate a meal together too! Oh the horror!

PS-It is NOT called Thanksgiving. I have it on good authority that it is called "Thursday". Just because we are eating turkey dinners with our families and it's a national holiday does not mean we are turning Baalish like those evil Pagans who...well, ate turkey dinners with their families on a holiday.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Happy thanksgiving you stinking, rugged individual, good looking, cool americans!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I have it on good authority that only North American pagans eat turkey. European pagans eat goose or rabbit.

• Mary
    Mary

Happy Thanksgiving to our American cousins..........and how many of you will be taking advantage of your day off work and going out in Service today?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Thanks, jgnat! My wife and I are celebrating this year (surprise, surprise!) which is a VERY big step for her.

AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit